Topic: Does Nvidia Optical Flow do anything?

I have a 3080 so I can use the Nvidia Optical Flow option but trying all combinations of Accuracy and Motion Vectors Grid settings doesnt do anything.
When I use the regular motion vectors options I can watch in 60+ fps but when switching over to Optical Flow i get the standard film frame rate.
Does anyone else have this issue? Do 20 series Nvidia cards work? Maybe Nvidia drivers arent working correctly with 30 series and Optical Flow yet.
I'm pretty new to using SVP but I did a bit of digging through the manual and forum but im not coming up with much on my own that would explain why I cant still watch in 60fps+ with Optical Flow on.
Also if anyone using the setting knows about it what are the advantages? Since it isnt working for me at the moment im not sure if its even worth trying to use over the regular options.

Re: Does Nvidia Optical Flow do anything?

Even if you have it regular works better. optical flow is only good if you want 4k content

it definitely works on 20xx
regarding 30xx there's possible an error on our side, but I just can't get a 30xx card right now - you know why big_smile paying $1500+ for a 3070 looks unreasonably too much

i can get nvof to work with 3080 by changing vectors grid.
but its still a hit and miss, one scene its working, anothers it just wont

5 (edited by clidx 27-02-2021 15:57:31)

NVOF seems to be smoother and better quality to me on my RTX 3070. I tried playing around with the settings both on and off; NVOF doesn't have many settings in SVP to begin with, but it was always smoother. But I found no way to get rid of the wave artifacts as those options aren't available for NVOF.