1 (edited by Fortune424 02-12-2020 04:16:27)

Topic: In what order are MadVR and SVP applied?

Using MPC-HC with MadVR for upscaling and SVP for (obviously) frame interpolation.

Just wondering what order the effects are applied in and if anyone has any tips for optimizing performance when using both of them.

I originally assumed that MadVR's upscaling is occurring first since nothing in my Ctrl-J MadVR info screen shows that it is processing a 100 FPS video, but today I noticed the SVP info screen shown when hovering over the taskbar icon shows that it is only processing the source resolution rather than the MadVR upscaled 4K, so at this point I have no idea which is happening first.

In other words, is MadVR upscaling a 100FPS SVP-enhanced video, or is SVP frame interpolating a 4K video?

Thanks!

R9 3900X / 2060 S / 100hz display if you have any specific performance tips for high thread count CPUs with weaker GPU (relatively).

Re: In what order are MadVR and SVP applied?

Got an R5 3600 + 2060S.
Use the auto settings for anime/movies, make a copy of the profile and fine tune from there. For SVP and MadVR, highest settings don't necessarily mean best. I'll try to share my settings after I get off work.

> is MadVR upscaling a 100FPS SVP-enhanced video

yep

AutumQueen92 wrote:

Got an R5 3600 + 2060S.
Use the auto settings for anime/movies, make a copy of the profile and fine tune from there. For SVP and MadVR, highest settings don't necessarily mean best. I'll try to share my settings after I get off work.

Thanks, I’d be interested in that. All the guides seem to be aimed at really low end/old hardware or people not using MadVR as well. I am pretty happy with the setup now but I’d be curious to see someone else’s.

5 (edited by AutumQueen92 03-12-2020 13:18:10)

Fortune424 wrote:
AutumQueen92 wrote:

Got an R5 3600 + 2060S.

Thanks, I’d be interested in that. All the guides seem to be aimed at really low end/old hardware or people not using MadVR as well. I am pretty happy with the setup now but I’d be curious to see someone else’s.

Sorry for the delay, settings are in this link. https://imgur.com/a/W9nqfbf
Edit: GPU Acceleration is enabled. Processing thread +8 in main menu and +4 in settings