Re: PUBLIC BETA TEST: AviSynth Filter - 10-bit/HDR in DirectShow

does it work in MPC-HC?

Chainik wrote:

does it work in MPC-HC?

I just tried with MP-HC but got the same results. It crashes immediate upon starting the playback

this is really strange
https://github.com/CrendKing/avisynth_filter/issues/19

Chainik wrote:

this is really strange
https://github.com/CrendKing/avisynth_filter/issues/19

Yeah, I don't know what's causing it either. It's annoying I only got this problem. I can only hope we find a fix

55 (edited by sprakatak 29-10-2020 02:26:46)

So I'm getting a similar crash with certain videos with the new filter too (+madVR+PotPlayer) when SVP is enabled. No crash when SVP turned off but filter is used. I noticed that the video is YUY12 colorspace, and the YUY12 checkbox in ffdshow > AviSynth > Input colorspaces is unchecked. I checked it and no more errors.

sprakatak

ummm... how is this connected with ffdshow?

57 (edited by sprakatak 30-10-2020 09:15:01)

EDIT: I misread the usage instructions -- I thought the new filter replaced the ffdshow raw video filter entry, turns out I had to switch the filter to "AviSynth Filter". Sorry!

EDIT2: Still crashing with new AviSynth filter as soon as SVP is enabled. This was NV12. Log attached.

Post's attachments

avisynth.log 14.95 kb, 267 downloads since 2020-10-30 

TayyabKhalid
please try this build (just replace .ax files in SVP 4\avsf folder)
https://github.com/CrendKing/avisynth_f … Filter.zip

59 (edited by TayyabKhalid 02-11-2020 12:06:12)

Chainik wrote:

TayyabKhalid

Nice, it's working now. I am loving how less CPU usage Avisynth Filter uses.
Sadly it crashes after a few seeks. Somtimes it dosen't even go past one before crashing.
I attached the latest log just in case you ask about it later.

Apparantly the log file is too large. I uploaded it to a host. You can download it here - https://www49.zippyshare.com/v/XsgoO2sI/file.htmll

Anyone has problems with rewind/seeking ? Latest that works smoothly for me is 0.6.1. All new with freeze after 2-3 seeking attempts. Besides that works great

try that one - https://github.com/CrendKing/avisynth_f … -720877972

62 (edited by dlr5668 04-11-2020 13:40:59)

0.8 fixed that. Thanks

there's another build that doesn't hang on audio tracks selection

64 (edited by mark007 09-11-2020 21:06:14)

I just purchased the pro version and am finding whats the best settings for 4k HDR at the moment. I'm using the avisynth filter. I'm finding when seeking sometimes, the image seems to "remember" or cache some frames and it seems forever, it randomly repeats those images over and over, in a flickering manner. I would assume the default SVP Pro settings should not behave like this? Is it related to the avisynth filter? I remember in the past when using the ffdshow method to invoke SVP, I used to have to tweak the buffers to prevent this from happening. Is something similar required here in the avisynth filter?

This is when in madVR (the latest beta, set to output HDR to my TV, LG C9), and in fullscreen windowed mode. In smaller windowed mode it doesn't seem to occur. I have all of madVRs buffers set to 16 frames, both cpu and gpu.

65 (edited by mark007 10-11-2020 18:47:53)

Hi, another issue, I assume also somehow related to the frame queue/cache. When madVR is set (as I have it set) to "delay playback start until render queue is full", and "delay playback start after seeking, too", sometimes (perhaps 50% of the time, but I can't find a pattern), when starting some videos, the image plays a few frames and then freezes. I have gpu and cpu queue set at 16 now. The audio continues in the background fine.

Manually seeking in the file, restores video playback.

Changing display modes (by double clicking madVRs image and letting it change my desktop from default of 60 to 48hz) seems to completely stop the audio.

This clip is an interlaced clip that I'm using LAV Video Yadif to de-interlace to double its original frame rate. (its a live performance of Lady Gaga Born This Way titled "Born This Way - 2011(HDTV-1080).mpg")

Is it something to do with SVP initially turning on, but then a few ms into the clip, it is switching to the 'Ignore HFR sources' profile as the clip is high frame rate (after being deinterlaced). Is this switch somehow causing the issue.

Heres the event log.

18:38:29.549 [i]: AVSF: found new player instance
18:38:29.592 [i]: AVSF: filters in use: LAV Splitter Source -> LAV Video Decoder -> * -> madVR Renderer
18:38:29.593 [i]: AVSF: new video in mpc-be64.exe (64-bit) [MPC-BE x64 1.5.5.5274] on screen 0
18:38:29.662 [i]: Media: video 1920x1080 [PAR 1.000] at 29.970 fps
18:38:29.662 [i]: Media: codec type is MPEG Video, YUV/4:2:0/8 bits/BT.709 BT.709
18:38:29.663 [W]: Media: frame rate info can be incorrect - 59.940 fps via video player vs. 29.970 fps via MediaInfo
18:38:29.663 [i]: Media: scan type is interlaced, assuming 59.940 fps instead of 29.970 fps
18:38:29.664 [i]: Playback: starting up...
18:38:29.671 [i]: Playback [ff91ef3c]: Frame server (64-bit) 3.5.0.0, AviSynth+ 3.5 (r3106, 3.5, x86_64), C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avisynth.dll
18:38:29.673 [i]: Playback [ff91ef3c]: resulting video frame 1920x1080
18:38:29.673 [i]: Playback [ff91ef3c]: 2 acceptible profiles, best is 'Ignore HFR sources' [592]
18:38:29.675 [i]: Playback [ff91ef3c]: enabled while video is in some unknown state
18:38:29.675 [i]: Profile: using automatic profile #2 /film
18:38:29.681 [i]: Playback [ff91ef3c]: playing at 59.94 [59.94 *1/1] 

mark007

AVSF - 0.8.1 (or 0.8.0-1 when installed via SVP)?

67 (edited by mark007 12-11-2020 21:53:05)

Issue 1 - Freeze after a few frames at start off playback
Yes, it looks 0.8.1 is working better. I have not seen the issue yet smile

Edit: After a few reattempts, its now occurring also with 0.8.1. The frame its frozen on is I would estimate 8-10 frames into the scene. You can see the audio continues from the seek bar still moving. cpu usage has dropped to almost 0 as theres nothing happening from a video point of view. I have now reproduced without SVP even switched on,  just by having avisynthfilter in the graph is enough to trigger it. I'll log it on the avisynthfilter github page.

Issue 2 - Seeking causes old frames to reappear / flicker during playback
The second issue thats currently not allowing me to use SVP is the issue mentioned above in a previous thread, where it looks like frames from a few seconds ago are still cached / queued or something. So the old images flicker in and out, even with this latest avisynthfilter 0.8.1. Would that be an issue in the filter or in SVP or in both? I'm mainly seeing this in HDR content when in fullscreen. I can't catch this in a screenshot, only a picture taken from my phone, or by frame advancing in mpc, by doing Ctrl-Right. You can see normal frames appear, then soon followed by some frames from before the seek even happened. Like as if they needed to be flushed from some buffer but were not, and so turn up in the playback.

PotPlayer users should update now via SVP's updater

Just updated to the latest Avisynth Filter through the Maintenance Tool and Audio/Sub track selection no longer produces the strange error message with MPC-HC.

70 (edited by bombadilio 30-11-2020 04:20:48)

mark007 wrote:

Issue 1 - Freeze after a few frames at start off playback
Yes, it looks 0.8.1 is working better. I have not seen the issue yet smile

Edit: After a few reattempts, its now occurring also with 0.8.1. The frame its frozen on is I would estimate 8-10 frames into the scene. You can see the audio continues from the seek bar still moving. cpu usage has dropped to almost 0 as theres nothing happening from a video point of view. I have now reproduced without SVP even switched on,  just by having avisynthfilter in the graph is enough to trigger it. I'll log it on the avisynthfilter github page.

Issue 2 - Seeking causes old frames to reappear / flicker during playback
The second issue thats currently not allowing me to use SVP is the issue mentioned above in a previous thread, where it looks like frames from a few seconds ago are still cached / queued or something. So the old images flicker in and out, even with this latest avisynthfilter 0.8.1. Would that be an issue in the filter or in SVP or in both? I'm mainly seeing this in HDR content when in fullscreen. I can't catch this in a screenshot, only a picture taken from my phone, or by frame advancing in mpc, by doing Ctrl-Right. You can see normal frames appear, then soon followed by some frames from before the seek even happened. Like as if they needed to be flushed from some buffer but were not, and so turn up in the playback.

So back at it again, I solved my audio issues but its now not passing DTS-HD and it seems to crash when seeking.
I upgraded my setup to specifically thenaudio.com Zone-2 Audio box
EVGA 3090
LG 55CX
HDMI 48GB Cables
Zone-2 Processor Box https://thenaudio.com/2020/10/21/zone-2 … explained/

I am getting crashing with SVP enabled when seeking in MPC-BE.

Oddly MPV seems to have 0 issues but I dont think MAD-VR work exactly  in MPV. Would love to get MPC-BE x64 working again.
Setup:
MPC-BE X64 Build 1.5.5
SVP Latest Build
AVIsynth  https://github.com/CrendKing/avisynth_f … Filter.zip

Nvidia Control Panel YC444 / 10 bit /limited @ 3840x2160 120hz Gsync

Settings:
External Filters set to prefer(one of these need to go?):
    AviSynth set to Prefer
    LAV Audio Decoder CHECKED
          -Unchecked everything in Formats Bitstreaming
          -Checked Output formats and Dynamnic Range / Auto A/V Sync / Convert Output
    LAV SPLITTER
    LAV SPLITTER Source
    LAV Video Decoder
        -OUTPUT (all checked except: AYUV/RGB24/16bit options   TV 16-235
        -HARDWARE: NVIDIA CUVID

EDIT: On Load I need to let MPC-Be X64 run for a bit then when it has run it will let me seek. If I seek a few more times I will lose audio  or it will crash. But the KEY thing is to let SVP initialize and run first.

More than happy to make a log if someone could tell me how. I just reverted back to this AVI Synth build. Confused why DTS-HD cant intialize though.

TayyabKhalid wrote:
Chainik wrote:

TayyabKhalid

Nice, it's working now. I am loving how less CPU usage Avisynth Filter uses.
Sadly it crashes after a few seeks. Somtimes it dosen't even go past one before crashing.
I attached the latest log just in case you ask about it later.

Apparantly the log file is too large. I uploaded it to a host. You can download it here - https://www49.zippyshare.com/v/XsgoO2sI/file.htmll

Hello there, huge thank you to SVP team for those updates as HDR was a huge issue for me.

btw I had the same issue as previous user, hang of video playback within 5-10 seconds. I managed to fix this with 0.8.2 of avsf : https://github.com/CrendKing/avisynth_filter/releases

Same procedure Chainik wrote, juste replace .ax files.

> I managed to fix this with 0.8.2 of avsf

"0.8.1-2" installed via SVP updater should not differ from the official "0.8.2"

When I play an HDR file via MPC my monitor switches to its HDR mode which is shit though smile With ffdshow SVP (or was it MadVR or whatever) tried to change the colours appropriately so that HDR material looked good even without an HDR monitor/tv mode. That was better. How can I play an HDR file now without the monitor switching to its HDR mode?

> How can I play an HDR file now without the monitor switching to its HDR mode?

madVR -> settings -> devices -> <monitor name> -> hdr -> tone map HDR using pixel shaders

75 (edited by Kelsus 28-01-2021 18:26:47)

Hi, SVP just updated the avisynth filter to v0.90-1 (beta) and now when I play videos that are 480p (either 4:3 or 16:9) I get a bright green bar on the right side of the screen about 12 pixels wide (out of the 480 pixels).

I previously had v0.85 installed and it did not display this issue on 480p content so we may need a reversion or a fix.

I am using Avisynth+ v3.7.0 and MPC-HC v1.9.8 with madVR, if I switch to EVR (custom presenter) I get a discoloured area instead of the solid green bar.