Topic: Harm my pc

Can any motion interpolation program harm my pc. When i use svp or dmitrirendere a weird sound comes from my pc it is like breathing. I thing something is doing a process but only when i use one of this program i hear that sound. Any ideas why this might happen ?

Re: Harm my pc

psu

Chainik wrote:

psu

Thanks for the info will buy a better one asap.

disclaimer: i'm only telling it _could_ be the cause

It started recently so i don't know why this is happening. I hope it wont have an impact on my pc.

"weired sounds" from a pc usually come from old / dying capacitors in psu and / or motherboard
that's what I know

Chainik wrote:

"weired sounds" from a pc usually come from old / dying capacitors in psu and / or motherboard
that's what I know

This only happens when i use motion interpolation programs as i said before. There is no such sound when i play games or do anything else.

Maybe it is coil whine of your graphics card or power supply.
run a "hardware light" game in windowed mode while svp is running.
if the noise changes or disappears the noise comes from the voltage converters: coil whine.
It comes from the strong load fluctuations that svp can generate (load-no load-load etc.).
Except for the annoying noise no negative effect is to be expected.

Whispering_Bamboo wrote:

Maybe it is coil whine of your graphics card or power supply.
run a "hardware light" game in windowed mode while svp is running.
if the noise changes or disappears the noise comes from the voltage converters: coil whine.
It comes from the strong load fluctuations that svp can generate (load-no load-load etc.).
Except for the annoying noise no negative effect is to be expected.

It's not like coil whine. It's like a part of my pc is working on something and the sound is like breathing it comes and it goes till i close the program.

Stability tests help like AIDA or else. You load cpu or gpu or both.

James D wrote:

Both

12 (edited by James D 24-10-2020 23:20:59)

cemaydnlar wrote:
James D wrote:

Both

If problem appears only when you stresstest both but not any single option then indeed it might be AC.
Just remember that "500W AC" can actually be one of those cheap which give only like 200-300W on a 12V line so you neeed to pick a good one Bronze or even Silver and read some specs.
Also don't forget to do basic stuff once a year like check temperature and if needed clean fan/repaste cpu etc.

13 (edited by cemaydnlar 25-10-2020 19:04:49)

James D wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:
James D wrote:

Both

If problem appears only when you stresstest both but not any single option then indeed it might be AC.
Just remember that "500W AC" can actually be one of those cheap which give only like 200-300W on a 12V line so you neeed to pick a good one Bronze or even Silver and read some specs.
Also don't forget to do basic stuff once a year like check temperature and if needed clean fan/repaste cpu etc.

My psu is 750w i don't think that the problem is caused by it. Another update is i hear this sound when i use dmitri so i would understand if u guys tell me that you don't want to talk about it because you are responsible for svp. I though maybe they inserted some kind of mining virus in it that causes this noise. So i deleted it. I don't trust russian made things anymore. When i bought the key for it i thought it was forever like svp but it turns out that it is limited. Basically i solved this problem by deleting dmitri still thanks for all of your help.

14 (edited by sprakatak 26-10-2020 03:01:32)

SVP uses a lot of CPU and/or GPU resources consistently so it could just be either your CPU or GPU getting hot and your fans spinning up to max in response. Anyway, if your temperatures are stable, it's not a huge issue if you don't mind the fan noise.

This is normal for any resource-intensive program, even games like Red Dead Redemption 2 on optimal graphics settings push my GPU to 90-100% with very few drops, so temps go really high and my fans have to spin to max to keep temperatures stable. Get some system monitoring software like HWInfo (or even just the software that comes with Radeon cards, if applicable) and check CPU/GPU usage + CPU/GPU temp + CPU/GPU fan speeds.

If that's the issue then the free solution is:
- adjust SVP settings for lower target FPS
- adjust your fan curves so they run quieter without raising your temps to dangerous levels
- fix the airflow/fan setup in your case, maybe it isn't optimized

The non-free solution is to upgrade your coolers to something besides stock coolers, get a graphics card with a better bundled cooler, or add more case fans if your case isn't taking in enough cold air to keep your PC cool.