Topic: Vega 64 BSOD - THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER

Hi Everyone

Recently I got a free vega 64 strix, which I used to replace the 290x in my HTPC.
If SVP GPU acceleration is enabled, the system will crash after about 5 to 60 minutes, Bluescreen - THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER.

I use MPHC with MadVr and either ffdshow raw or the new Avisynth filter.

Without SVP GPU acceleration but with MadVr maxed out, and hardware decoder on, everything works.
Furthermore I have not found any game, benchmark or power virus that I can use to create a blue screen.
Driver were completely removed and reinstalled.

I have already searched the English Forum, but found nothing about it. Is this problem already known? Is there a possible solution?
Otherwise I have to switch back to 290x until the next GPU.

Thank you.

Re: Vega 64 BSOD - THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER

when I google for "vega 64 THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER" I see A LOT of results...

dunno what we could do about it
try adding

smooth.gpu_qn = 1;

to the script\override.js

Had no luck.
Tested Settings above, changed psu, completely removed driver again with ddu in safe mode...

i think i will upgrade to a rtx 3080 (with 20gigs, when they become avaliable)...

(Ps. MPV is working without crashing the system. but i couldnt find infos, how to use 3d luts for projector calibration)

> but i couldnt find infos, how to use 3d luts for projector calibration

hmmm... google "mpv 3dlut" big_smile
https://mpv.io/manual/stable/#options-icc-profile

Did a reset of SVP MADVR and everything is working without freezes or crashes etc.

Exception, one single Movie: Sicario 2. This Movie triggers a BSOD (GPU ACCEL ON) within the first 10minutes.
Maybe something is wrong with this exact release.

@Chainik: Are you interested in this exact release for investigation?

I don't have Vega64 in any case. And I can't see what we possibly could do regarding video driver's issue

7 (edited by Whispering_Bamboo 16-10-2020 13:32:46)

Just to check if this file also causes problems with other gpus / drivers, since now all other films run without problems on my setup