1 (edited by keenocrack2 12-07-2020 21:10:26)

Topic: [ASK] About Nvidia Settings

I am using the latest version of SVP 4, my video player is VLC and I am using an Nvidia geforce gtx 1060 graphics card.

I want to ask, Manage 3D Settings settings on nvidia will affect the quality or performance on the video?

https://puu.sh/G6pMT/b623062d5e.png

If I use direct settings such as Quality or Performance, will that same thing affect the quality or performance of the video?

https://puu.sh/G6pOB/5a9d693f32.png

Thank you for read this, I will wait for anyone who can answer this smile

Re: [ASK] About Nvidia Settings

Generally speaking, yes it can affect quality and performance.

What is best for your setup will depend on what renderer you are using and other specific quirks of the software and hardware. It also depends on how you are wanting to change the video. There isn't a simple answer to this...

Video is not 3D software, it's 2D so no. However there is one option that does work in case of Optimus system despite being in that section, it's option to choose whether to launch app by Nvidia or not which is not what you need I think.

Don't forget about VSync (Vertical sync). This option is situated at NVIDIA 3D settings panel.
For SVP it must be VSync = On

fieldskyleb wrote:

Generally speaking, yes it can affect quality and performance.

What is best for your setup will depend on what renderer you are using and other specific quirks of the software and hardware. It also depends on how you are wanting to change the video. There isn't a simple answer to this...

thank you fieldskyleb, this answer was very helpful.

James D wrote:

Video is not 3D software, it's 2D so no. However there is one option that does work in case of Optimus system despite being in that section, it's option to choose whether to launch app by Nvidia or not which is not what you need I think.

I have done this, launching Nvidia as default.

MAG79 wrote:

Don't forget about VSync (Vertical sync). This option is situated at NVIDIA 3D settings panel.
For SVP it must be VSync = On

ok thank you for suggestion