1 (edited by Kuromi 12-07-2020 13:04:26)

Topic: An anime episode has 20% CPU usage but the next one has 98% help me

Hi, I have this problem. I was watching an anime quitely and when I started the 4th episode it just uses like 98% CPU and plays at 11 fps, when previous episodes do use 20 - 60%, hope someone can help me with this, I can provide any info that you maybe ask for in order to help me, thanks in advance.

Re: An anime episode has 20% CPU usage but the next one has 98% help me

overheating -> cpu frequency dropped
different codec
variable frame rate

Chainik wrote:

overheating -> cpu frequency dropped
different codec
variable frame rate

It is not overheating, and can you be more specific on what are you trying to say?

I'm not really a mind reader. Try this.

5 (edited by Kuromi 13-07-2020 05:38:10)

Chainik wrote:

I'm not really a mind reader. Try this.

I've said above that whatever info you need to help me you just can ask for it and I was gonna provide it. This is the link of the anime that I was watching https://mega.nz/folder/pfgAhCLZ#3vuWf62GSjC5C0OEMcdgVg , for exaple, I watched the first episode at 60fps with a average % CPU usage of 20% as I said but the 4th episode just has a CPU usage of 98% almost all the time so its unplayable.

I've noticed that there's things that are not the same between the 1st and 4th episode, the encoder, formats or whatever, I don't know about this but, I think you can check this two episodes and see why the 4th is excessively CPU demanding and the 1st one plays without problem.