1 (edited by oranges_are_delicious 09-07-2020 00:58:20)

Topic: Using built-from-source mpv with SVP on Windows

Currently, I am building mpv via the media-autobuild-suite. It works quite well for most purposes, but I cannot seem to get it to communicate with SVP properly.

So the following command *works*

& 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\mpv64\mpv.exe' --hwdec=auto-copy --input-ipc-server=mpvpipe --hwdec-codecs=all --vo=gpu '.\1x01 - A Stitch in Time.mkv'

The following command does not:

mpv --hwdec=auto-copy --input-ipc-server=mpvpipe --hwdec-codecs=all --vo=gpu '.\1x01 - A Stitch in Time.mkv'

The error the above command gives is as follows:

[vapoursynth] Script evaluation failed:
[vapoursynth] Python exception: SVSmoothFps: unable to init GPU-based renderer - code 65536
[vapoursynth]
[vapoursynth] Traceback (most recent call last):
[vapoursynth]   File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 1927, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
[vapoursynth]   File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 1928, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
[vapoursynth]   File "C:\Users\userfriend\AppData\Roaming\SVP4\scripts\aa0931ff.py", line 55, in <module>
[vapoursynth]     smooth =  interpolate(clip)
[vapoursynth]   File "C:\Users\userfriend\AppData\Roaming\SVP4\scripts\aa0931ff.py", line 34, in interpolate
[vapoursynth]     smooth  = core.svp2.SmoothFps_NVOF(input_m,smoothfps_params,nvof_src=input_m8,src=input_um,fps=src_fps)
[vapoursynth]   File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 1833, in vapoursynth.Function.__call__
[vapoursynth] vapoursynth.Error: SVSmoothFps: unable to init GPU-based renderer - code 65536
[vapoursynth]
[vapoursynth] could not init VS
Disabling filter vapoursynth.00 because it has failed.

My guess is that this has something to do with opencl or something? Would anyone happen to know what I need to do with my mpv building process in order to fix this? What config options I'd need to toss in there, etc.

---edit:

... I post that and, as happens, I immediately find the answer myself.

Turns out, I had a copy of OpenCL.dll in my mpv.exe directory that was out of date. I deleted that, forcing it to rely on the version in system32, and it worked fine.

So uhh, if anyone has that issue, do that I guess.

Re: Using built-from-source mpv with SVP on Windows

Are you using this to build mpv?
https://github.com/shinchiro/mpv-winbuild-cmake
That was my go-to when I was using Windows, suggested by an SVP developer