Topic: No DTS with Reclock running

I have another MPC-HC install on my same pc and it plays DTS just fine but with the one that uses SVP and Reclock it won't play DTS! What do I need to change to get 5.1DTS and double frame rate?

Re: No DTS with Reclock running

As far as I know Reclock and bitstream audio is not compatible.
Why you need Reclock?  hmm

I downloaded it with the SVP full package! I thought I had to have it running. But I figured it out know. Reclock needed to be set to allow DTS and AC3 passthrough! My question is there a way to setup MPC-HC to play 5.1 to one TV and 2.0 to another? Can I switch between sound profiles?

Translation of this post:

two options as before:

AC3 ENCODING
DTS bitstream -> DTS decoder -> PCM Audio -> ReClock -> Resampled PCM Audio -> AC3 Encoder -> DD bitstream -> S/PDIF to receiver

AC3 PASSTHROUGH
DTS bitstream -> ReClock -> DTS bitstream with dropped or repeated frames -> S/PDIF to receiver

You can read official ReClock's website (start from this thread) to get details about this.

I don't have a problem getting AC3 or DTS now... I want to switch easily between stereo (2.0) and Surround (5.1). I have 2 different setups connected to the same HTPC. VLC detects what is connected and auto output the audio accordingly.

thejulianath20
Congratulations!
Does it seems the problem solved?

Yes I get DTS and DD just fine now.

I want to switch easily between stereo (2.0) and Surround (5.1). I have 2 different setups connected to the same HTPC. VLC detects what is connected and auto output the audio accordingly. Is this possible with MPC-HC?