Topic: SVP interferes with Python Anaconda Package

Some part of the SVP package is interfering with me being able to open the classic Anaconda package applications such as Navigator, Spyder, and Jupyter Notebooks.  The error I get is that a python38.dll is the culprit.  I know it's some part of the SVP package because if I uninstall SVP everything in Anaconda works fine.

Could you please tell me where the problem is here so I can use both SVP and Anaconda-Python?

Thanks

Re: SVP interferes with Python Anaconda Package

SVP only installs _portable_ Python 3.8 (into SVP 4\mpv64 folder), if you won't add it to the PATH then it won't interfere with anything.

I'm not sure I know how to change these paths.  Can you be more specific?  I just downloaded and installed the default packages of each (Anaconda and SVP).  If you do the same and try to run any of the anaconda programs (Navigator, Spyder, Notebook, etc.)  they simply will not open.  I've tried all I can and it's not working.  Please help.

run cmd, type 'echo %PATH%'

====
> If you do the same and try to run any of the anaconda programs (Navigator, Spyder, Notebook, etc.)  they simply will not open.

Installed Anaconda 64-bit with default options (for current user, don't add to the PATH) - everything (Spyder and Notebook) work.

5 (edited by jimdogma7 29-06-2020 12:02:14)

None of that worked.  I basically decided to forsake SVP in lieu of Anaconda because I need it for my job.  However, I just recently started converting my old VHS collection over to digital format and found that SVP really cleaned up the choppiness.  Excellent product!  Thanks.  The only problem is that I have to uninstall SVP and reinstall it everytime I want to switch from using it and using Jupyter notebooks.  HUGE pain in the ass.  Hard to believe I'm the only one that has this problem, unless no one else in this community has Anaconda installed on their computer...

Please find a solution for me that works Chainik and co.

> Hard to believe I'm the only one that has this problem, unless no one else in this community has Anaconda installed on their computer...

again, I have it installed now, and everything works
I can't reproduce your issue

have you checked your PATH value?