Re: haloing issue

aeneas1 wrote:

very interesting and helpful thread....

currently my display is set at 59hz and i have svp set to 2.5, so for 23.9 movies i'm getting 59.8, is there a better setting i should be using?

24 x 2, 24 * 3, etc

dlr5668 wrote:
aeneas1 wrote:

currently my display is set at 59hz and i have svp set to 2.5, so for 23.9 movies i'm getting 59.8, is there a better setting i should be using?

24 x 2, 24 * 3, etc

if I choose option with 24x2 , what refresh rate I should go with: 50 Hz or 59 Hz in Nvidia Panel?

otic wrote:
dlr5668 wrote:
aeneas1 wrote:

24 x 2, 24 * 3, etc

if I choose option with 24x2 , what refresh rate I should go with: 50 Hz or 59 Hz in Nvidia Panel?

I use 50Hz, and instead of 24x2, I use "To Screen", so it runs at 50Hz. To smooth it out even more, I use mpv in fullscreen exclusive mode, and with video-sync configuration set to display-resample, these make videos super smooth for me and with less artifacts.

If you're interested in my full mpv settings, here they are below, I made the relevant configs I talked about above in bold:

ontop
priority=high

ao=wasapi
audio-exclusive=yes
audio-samplerate=96000
audio-format=s32
audio-channels=stereo

video-sync=display-resample
vulkan-swap-mode=fifo

osd-level=1

video-latency-hacks=no
demuxer-thread=yes

vo=gpu
profile=gpu-hq
fbo-format=rgba16hf
gpu-api=vulkan
gpu-context=winvk
hwdec=nvdec
spirv-compiler=shaderc

vd-lavc-dr=yes
vulkan-async-transfer
vulkan-async-compute

volume-max=100

tone-mapping=hable
tone-mapping-max-boost=1.0
hdr-compute-peak=yes

dither-depth=N
dither=fruit
dither-size-fruit=2

scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp
dscale=ewa_lanczossharp
dither-depth=auto
correct-downscaling=yes
sigmoid-upscaling=yes

cache=yes
demuxer-seekable-cache=yes

sws-allow-zimg=no
zimg-fast=no

deband=yes
deband-iterations=4
deband-threshold=50
deband-range=16
deband-grain=48

ytdl-format=best

glsl-shader="C:\Users\YourUsernameHere\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\noise_static_chroma.hook"
glsl-shader="C:\Users\YourUsernameHere\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\noise_static_luma.hook"
glsl-shader="C:\Users\YourUsernameHere\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\antiring.hook"

glsl-shader="C:\Users\YourUsernameHere\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\KrigBilateral.glsl"

profile-desc=cond:get('height', 0) < 1440
glsl-shader="C:\Users\YourUsernameHere\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\FSRCNNX_x2_8-0-4-1.glsl"
glsl-shader="C:\Users\YourUsernameHere\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\SSimDownscaler.glsl"
dither-size-fruit=6

54 (edited by otic 06-05-2020 21:53:37)

thanks @Blackfyre for reply!
First of all I want to stay with bitstreaming the truehd signals so methods like Reclock is not for me smile
Well, finally I upgrade my laptop CPU from 6700k to 8700k and I'm able to achive a watchable standard with 24x2 and settings like here (also using throttleStop to keep CPU alive in hard-laptop enviroment smile ) I mean 4K ,10 bit content, ofcourse !

https://i.imgur.com/61ldxvX.jpg

I thought about i9 9900k but for a laptop it's too much throttle, with 8700k I can barerly keep avg 4.5 Ghz..