Topic: After newest update doesn't work with SMPlayer

Hi, after I updated today my SMPlayer setup stopped working. I'm not sure if it's a problem with SVP itself, or because of SMPlayer or newer MPV, but here is a log from MPV which seems useful.

C:/Program Files (x86)/SVP 4/mpv64/mpv.exe --no-config --no-quiet --terminal --no-msg-color --input-file=/dev/stdin --msg-level=ffmpeg/demuxer=error --no-fs --hwdec=no --sub-auto=fuzzy --vo=direct3d, --priority=normal --autosync=100 --mc=1 --no-input-default-bindings --input-vo-keyboard=no --no-input-cursor --cursor-autohide=no --no-keepaspect --wid=3477206 --monitorpixelaspect=1 --osd-level=1 --osd-scale=0.80000000000000004 --osd-bar-align-y=0.6 --sub-ass --embeddedfonts --sub-ass-line-spacing=0 --sub-scale=1 --sub-font=Segoe UI --sub-color=#ffffffff --sub-shadow-color=#ff000000 --sub-back-color=#00000000 --sub-border-color=#ff000000 --sub-border-size=2.5 --sub-shadow-offset=0 --sub-font-size=37.5 --sub-bold=no --sub-italic=no --sub-margin-y=8 --sub-margin-x=20 --sub-codepage=CP1250 --vid=1 --sid=1 --alang=jpn,eng --slang=jpn,eng --sub-pos=100 --volume=100 --cache=auto --screenshot-template=cap_%F_%p_%02n --screenshot-format=jpg --screenshot-directory=C:\Users\Jakub\Pictures\smplayer_screenshots --audio-pitch-correction=yes --af-add=lavfi=[firequalizer=gain='cubic_interpolate(f)':zero_phase=on:wfunc=tukey:delay=0.027:gain_entry='entry(0,0);entry(62.5,0);entry(125,0);entry(250,0);entry(500,0);entry(1000,0);entry(2000,0);entry(4000,0);entry(8000,0);entry(16000,0)'] --volume-max=100 --input-ipc-server=mpvpipe --hr-seek-framedrop=no --autosync=30 --term-playing-msg=MPV_VERSION=${=mpv-version:}
INFO_VIDEO_WIDTH=${=width}
INFO_VIDEO_HEIGHT=${=height}
INFO_VIDEO_ASPECT=${=video-params/aspect}
INFO_VIDEO_FPS=${=container-fps:${=fps}}
INFO_VIDEO_FORMAT=${=video-format}
INFO_VIDEO_CODEC=${=video-codec}
INFO_AUDIO_FORMAT=${=audio-codec-name}
INFO_AUDIO_CODEC=${=audio-codec}
INFO_AUDIO_RATE=${=audio-params/samplerate}
INFO_AUDIO_NCH=${=audio-params/channel-count}
INFO_LENGTH=${=duration:${=length}}
INFO_DEMUXER=${=current-demuxer:${=demuxer}}
INFO_SEEKABLE=${=seekable}
INFO_TITLES=${=disc-titles}
INFO_CHAPTERS=${=chapters}
INFO_TRACKS_COUNT=${=track-list/count}
METADATA_TITLE=${metadata/by-key/title:}
METADATA_ARTIST=${metadata/by-key/artist:}
METADATA_ALBUM=${metadata/by-key/album:}
METADATA_GENRE=${metadata/by-key/genre:}
METADATA_DATE=${metadata/by-key/date:}
METADATA_TRACK=${metadata/by-key/track:}
METADATA_COPYRIGHT=${metadata/by-key/copyright:}
INFO_MEDIA_TITLE=${=media-title:}
INFO_STREAM_PATH=${stream-path}
 --term-status-msg=STATUS: ${=time-pos} / ${=duration:${=length:0}} P: ${=pause} B: ${=paused-for-cache} I: ${=core-idle} VB: ${=video-bitrate:0} AB: ${=audio-bitrate:0} D:/Anime/[HorribleSubs] Nami yo Kiitekure - 01 [1080p].mkv

Error parsing option input-file (option not found)
Setting commandline option --input-file=/dev/stdin failed.
Exiting... (Fatal error)

Re: After newest update doesn't work with SMPlayer

> because of SMPlayer or newer MPV

SMPlayer uses a command line switch "input-file" deprecated in mpv 0.30 and completely removed 8 days ago

Here's the previous build.

===
https://forum.smplayer.info/viewtopic.p … mp;t=12378

still no newer version here, we just have to wait: https://sourceforge.net/projects/smplay … nt-builds/

I see. Thanks for the older build. Hopefully they'll update SMPlayer to support the newer version soon.

New dev. build available - smplayer-19.10.0.9290-x64.exe

But it actually added more problems than solved hmm
Right now it is NOT compatible with SVP.

Ok, good news big_smile
SVP rev.191 now supports recent SMPlayer + mpv.

One must remove the 'input-ipc-server' part from the Advanced->MPlayer/mpv options list

6 (edited by Godmax 11-04-2020 22:24:21)

It says sth. about now supporting multiple windows. And how does that work? I've always worked with multiple folders and mpv-pipe1 and mpv-pipe2....and so on. Is there a different way now (with MPV/SMplayer)?

When I open SMplayer twice, only one video gets recognized by SVP.

> Is there a different way now

https://github.com/wis/mpvSockets

Well I copied the lua file to the scripts folder. Now that doesnt change anything yet. Now what has to be changed from the mpvpipe way via the mpv.conf file?

Are we still talking about SMPlayer? hmm

SVP rev.191
note the socket path in use!

1. old SMPlayer (before ver.19.10.0.9290 from 2020-04-06) + old mpv (before 2020-03-26)
SVP log:

13:36:16.860 []: VideoPlayer: mpv 0.32.0 /via 'mpvpipe'

only one instance will work

2. new SMPlayer + old mpv -> doesn't work at all

3. new SMPlayer + new mpv

13:38:46.648 []: VideoPlayer: mpv 0.32.0-322-g5824ac7d36 /via 'C:/Users/chain/AppData/Local/Temp/smplayer-mpv-1adc'

socket name is specific to the SMPlayer instance

4. mpv with fixed "input-ipc-server"

13:36:16.860 []: VideoPlayer: mpv 0.32.0-322-g5824ac7d36 /via 'mpvpipe'

only one instance will work

5. mpv with mpvSockets script

13:44:35.210 []: VideoPlayer: mpv 0.32.0-322-g5824ac7d36 /via 'mpvSockets/20748'

socket name is specific to the mpv instance

10 (edited by Godmax 12-04-2020 12:35:02)

Someone go this working? I can use the mpvSockets line instead of the input-ipc-server and SVP activates but only for one video once again. Not for 2 or more. And in the SVP options it still says mpvpipe so you still gotta use that to combine SVP with MPV or what?
Although I am talking about MPV mostly atm not SMPlayer ^^. So wrong thread ofc but still its important stuff smile

# first window opened
16:11:26.134 []: VideoPlayer: mpv [mpv.exe] connected, waiting for the video info...
# second window opened
16:11:31.204 []: VideoPlayer: mpv [mpv.exe] connected, waiting for the video info...
# drop file in the 1st window
16:12:01.740 []: VideoPlayer: mpv 0.32.0-322-g5824ac7d36 /via 'mpvSockets/3448'
16:12:02.207 []: Media: video 1280x720 [PAR 1.000] at 25.000 fps [constant]
16:12:02.207 []: Media: codec type is AVC, YUV/4:2:0/8 bits/BT.709 BT.709
16:12:02.223 []: Playback: starting up...
# drop file in the 2nd window
16:12:09.486 []: VideoPlayer: mpv 0.32.0-322-g5824ac7d36 /via 'mpvSockets/11316'
16:12:09.846 []: Media: video 1920x1080 [PAR 1.000] at 29.970 fps [constant]
16:12:09.847 []: Media: codec type is AVC, YUV/4:2:0/8 bits/BT.709 BT.709
16:12:09.902 []: Playback: starting up...

> And in the SVP options it still says mpvpipe

it doesn't matter
it _dynamically_ adds new sockets to the list - in this case,  'mpvSockets/3448' and 'mpvSockets/11316'

Ok so it opens sockets on its own. With the mpvSockets.lua in the scripts folder MPV should load the script on its own, correct? Then what exactly is the commandline in the conf file and in SVP? In SVP its just "mpvSockets" and in the conf file its a specific socket or why did you mention 20748 if it opens a new socket with various numbers every time mpv launches another instance?
I just dont see the connection between SVP and MPV with the mpvSocket.lua.

I tried with mpvSockets in the conf and SVP I tried with the number 20748 you mentioned but it wont bite. Then I thought the script wont even load but I guess that should work automatically.

God bless you in advance

mpv runs
mpv loads mpvSocket.lua script
it sets the 'input-ipc-server' to the 'mpvSocket/<some_number>', where <some_number> is the mpv.exe process PID
SVP finds all the mpv.exe processes and their PIDs ant tries to connect to all of the corresponding sockets
20748 was the process PID in that example
it doesn't matter what you have in mpv.conf file as a 'input-ipc-server' cause lua script will overwrite this value, but it's probably better to remove this line completely
it doesn't matter what you have in SVP's config 'mpv_pipe' variable either

hope it's clear hmm

14 (edited by Godmax 12-04-2020 19:31:08)

Ok thx I think I do understand.
MPV isnt loading the script though. I created a scripts folder under roaming/mpv put the mpvSockets.lua there. Doesnt seem to work. I reinstalled everything but it wont work (doesnt load the script).

Also tried to load the script via the command prompt: ".\mpv.exe --script=C:\PATH\TO\mpvSockets.lua C:\PATH\TO\VIDEOFOLDER\WITH\MULTIPLE\FILES\Videofile.mp4" to load the script but nope.

check mpv log then...

16 (edited by Godmax 12-04-2020 19:54:46)

[   0.009][d][mpvSockets] loading file C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming/mpv/scripts/mpvSockets.lua
[   0.009][d][stats] reading options for stats
[   0.009][d][global] config path: 'lua-settings/console.conf' -/-> 'C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming/mpv/lua-settings/console.conf'
[   0.009][d][global] config path: 'lua-settings/ytdl_hook.conf' -/-> 'C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming/mpv/lua-settings/ytdl_hook.conf'
[   0.009][d][global] config path: 'lua-settings/console.conf' -/-> 'C:/Program Files/SVP 4 Pro/mpv64/lua-settings/console.conf'
[   0.009][d][global] config path: 'lua-settings/ytdl_hook.conf' -/-> 'C:/Program Files/SVP 4 Pro/mpv64/lua-settings/ytdl_hook.conf'
[   0.009][d][global] config path: 'lua-settings/console.conf' -/-> 'C:/Program Files/SVP 4 Pro/mpv64/mpv/lua-settings/console.conf'
[   0.009][w][mpvSockets]
[   0.009][w][mpvSockets] stack traceback:
[   0.009][w][mpvSockets]     [C]: at 0x00afaa80
[   0.009][d][console] lua-settings/console.conf not found.
[   0.009][f][mpvSockets] Lua error: ...rs\*\AppData\Roaming/mpv/scripts/mpvSockets.lua:7: unexpected symbol near '<'
[   0.009][d][global] config path: 'lua-settings/ytdl_hook.conf' -/-> 'C:/Program Files/SVP 4 Pro/mpv64/mpv/lua-settings/ytdl_hook.conf'
[   0.009][d][ytdl_hook] lua-settings/ytdl_hook.conf not found.
[   0.009][d][mpvSockets] Exiting...

There is no lua-settings folder if that is the prob and therefor no console.conf and stuff

I don't have any of these "lua-settings" stuff too, but the script works...
this is probably not good:
[   0.009][w][mpvSockets] stack traceback:
[   0.009][w][mpvSockets]     [C]: at 0x00afaa80
[   0.009][f][mpvSockets] Lua error: ...rs\*\AppData\Roaming/mpv/scripts/mpvSockets.lua:7: unexpected symbol near '<'

It works now holy shit!! It must've been a bad file an old file or whatever how the hell did that happen it is working now with a fresh mpvSockets.lua smile
God bless you Chainik it wasnt that hard I was just dumb and the file was "broken".....God bless SVP and also MPV