1 (edited by empleat100 01-02-2020 23:11:22)

Topic: dropping a lot of frames with svp index 1.00 constantly

Hello,

i just installed Pot player 32 and SVP index is 1.00, i had issue with unstable index and movies are now much more smoother since i installed this player. But i still notice tearing sometimes, or lag. Even i have SVP index 1.00 almost at all times. But when i open playback info from Pot player. I see a lot of dropped frames - like 50 per second. And sometimes i have a little bit less than target fps (119.880). But i don't have more than a little over 120. I don't know if whole frame is dropped, if i don't have it in time. But that still doesn't explain 50 dropped frames per second, while i see 119.77 fps least. How can i drop 50 frames at the same time, that doesn't make even sense. And svp index was during all of this exactly 1.0. And my monitor frequency svp pro reports 119.884, only 0.004 hz difference. Cpu isn't even maxed, gpu isn't maxed as well. Strange indeed...

Re: dropping a lot of frames with svp index 1.00 constantly

How many displays yo have?
It will be audio-video synchronization issue in Windows in multi-display configuration.
It is recomended to make your 120Hz dispay the primary display or better is to disable all other displays while you watching movie.
You can use Win-P hotkey for speed switching between displays.

To minimize dropped frames use exclusive mode with madVR or D3D Fullscreen mode with EVR Custom.

3 (edited by empleat100 02-02-2020 14:19:59)

I have only one display.
I am using exclusive mode with slow gui.
Evr custom has no impact on that.
No change what so ever !

I don't know what else to do, but it is still much better with pot player, than what i have before with Smplayer. But if you have any ideas yet, be my guest.

Never had such problems with mpv 64 / geforce 1xxx. 1 monitor @ 72..75 Hz another one @ 120 Hz

profile=gpu-hq
gpu-api=vulkan

its even more smooth on new vulkan 1.2 drivers (windows here ofc)

I use potplayer now, it was played frames instead of dropped lol. So it is fine. index is 1.00. And no dropped frames.

Actually trying to set refresh rate closest to target fps bugged svp pro out and i was getting svp index 0 sometimes. I don't know why, i had reported by svp 119.883 hz and than all of the sudden without doing anything 123.xxx So i reverted that to default refresh rate and everything is fine: 3 dropped frames like per 3 minutes and svp index is 1.00 at all times !!!

Thanks for help anyways !