1 (edited by SamE 17-01-2020 19:28:11)

Topic: SVPtube 2 on Youtube stopped working or is it just me?

Hi,

Today i tried ripping some videos from youtube but i can't get SVPtube to catch the links anymore.
I have tried Chrome and Vivaldi browsers but nothing is working here.
The strange thing is it works on other streaming sits perfectly so i don't know what is up.

So i wonder if it is just my system or is everybody affected and we need a new update and fix to sort it out?

I have tried restarted SVP because before when it bugged like this that would always sort it out but not this time unfortunately.

Re: SVPtube 2 on Youtube stopped working or is it just me?

Ahh!

I fixed the problem, sort of anyway.
It seems that if i copy the link from the address bar in youtube it dosen't pick it up, but if i copy it by copy the link from the page i saw the link at instead by right clicking the picture and choosing copy link adress there instead it works. Strange.

Anyway it is probably my system that is the problem i guess.

You can delete this topic if you want, i tried but could not find how.

I've just tested. SVPtube 2 is working to me in both cases.
Copying link from youtube is working from address bar and from context menu on the video thumbnails.

@Same, if you use link from Share button it works.

Thanks James D,

Copy the link from the Share button works great when copy from the adress bar dosen't work smile

I wonder what do you have in the address bar?

7 (edited by SamE 24-01-2020 21:06:43)

I am sorry but i am not sure what you mean?

In the adress bar i have the pages link i am on when browsing, like just now this page is "https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopi … mp;login=1"
And on youtube it is the same, the link/web page i am on.

But i guess you mean something else because what i just said is self evident and something anyone using a browser would know.
So i am assuming i am misunderstanding you somehow.

Hmm! you know what, i just went to youtube and and was going to copy an example of what is in my adress bar.
And now it works again smile
All i did was just installing the new update you just released for SVP/SVPtube 2.
Ii didn't even restart my browser or my PC since i started this topic.

The update fixed it somehow smile

Nice thanks

Chainik wrote:

I wonder what do you have in the address bar?

Ну вот пример, например: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX9L-pp5MbI , но только осторожно, там в голову коцнутый с матами.
Ссылку я взял правой кнопкой по логотипу youtube из вставленных (embedded) видео на сайте.

James D
Your link is working to me from Google chrome address bar.

James D

so what? is it the video that "doesn't work from the address bar but only from the Share button"? hmm

11 (edited by James D 27-01-2020 15:20:13)

Yes. Link works in browsers. It's that SVPTube 2 (BEFORE Update) doesn't recognize this link which I took from an adress bar.

1. Opened a site with embedded youtube video.
2. Clicked Youtube button to watch it normal.
3. Copied link from address bar of new tab or directly from RC on Youtube button of embedded video.
4. SVPTube 2 before update didn't recognize it as a video link and does nothing.

THIS is exact original problem Same was talking about: SVPTube doesn't always recognize video links taken from address bar while browser opens and plays youtube video without a problem which sounds like youtube-dnld.dll problem of recognizing.
After updating SVP it works. Perhaps [youtube] Fix sigfunc name extraction (#23819)