Topic: video card suggestion

hi,

I am about to buy a new video card for light gaming and SVP.
I am considering AMD card, because i want to try their FM function.
since my PC is relative old(i5-3470). a mid to low range card will be ok.

is RX570 enough for SVP to run 1080p 60pfs or even 2160p?
right now my computer could run SVP 1080p 60pfs with cpu load about 30~50.
2160p 60fps is not possible since the cpu load is too high the system will freeze.

I hope with the video card support, the CPU load could reduce to minimal.
maybe like run 1080p 60fps with almost no extra cpu load and 2160p 60fps in a reasonable cpu load.

so is RX570 4G enough for my goal? if not, what level AMD card should I buy? or should I consider nvidia card in similar price range?
I am not very familiar with hardware, so please give me some suggestions.

thank you.

Re: video card suggestion

Video card can only take ~half of the work comparing to cpu-only processing and a faster video card won't offload more work.
I5-3470 is not fast enough for 4K so if you want 4K with SVP w/o changing the cpu then your only option is GeForce 1660 or better which support NVIDIA Optical Flow technology.

thank you for your reply.

ok so 4K is not good with RX570
can i still use RX570 to reduce 1080p 60fps cpu load to minimal?
or AMD card is just not ok to run SVP?

1660 is a little higher than my budget.
i can get RX570 about $100-120 in my country
but 1660 will cost more than $220
actually all nvidia card are more expensive than AMD card in my country(same level card of course)
that's why my first choice is AMD RX570

but if any other cheaper nvidia series will give better SVP performance than RX570, i will still consider it.
i am open to any suggestion.

Chainik wrote:

Video card can only take ~half of the work comparing to cpu-only processing and a faster video card won't offload more work.
I5-3470 is not fast enough for 4K so if you want 4K with SVP w/o changing the cpu then your only option is GeForce 1660 or better which support NVIDIA Optical Flow technology.

3470 supports gpu acceleration too and if you have it enabled now for 1080p@60 then you won't see any difference after buying faster video card

actually i can't enable gpu acceleration in 1080p@60 with i5-3470. it's too slow and will freeze the video player.
i use SVP with pure cpu processing. 1080p@60 will make my cpu over 50% load. i usually lower some setting in SVP to reduce the cpu load.

do you mean a extra RX570 card won't help the cpu load?

sorry i don't know much about hardware.
forgive me if i ask stupid questions.

thank you.

Chainik wrote:

3470 supports gpu acceleration too and if you have it enabled now for 1080p@60 then you won't see any difference after buying faster video card

comparing to the "pure cpu processing" ANY video card, including rx570, will

take ~half of the work

thus greatly reduce cpu load