Topic: How do I shift more workload to GPU?

Currently using potplayer and SVP4PRO

SVP is using GTX 1650, potplayer set to use GTX 1650, and yet when I am playing 1080p video at 60FPS with high masking + best quality on slider, my CPU usage will shoot all the way up to around 40-50%, without SVP its usually 10-20% only so thats a very significant increase.

GPU on the other hand, only using about 15%....

Is there any method to offload more processing to GPU so my CPU isnt under heavy load all the time? I am using a laptop so the fan is crazy loud when all the work is being done by CPU....

Re: How do I shift more workload to GPU?

you may want switch SVP to use IGP instead
it makes much less heat than the NV card

Chainik wrote:

you may want switch SVP to use IGP instead
it makes much less heat than the NV card

I did, it makes the fan work even harder since the cpu block is extra hot now the fan is roaring at max speed almost all the time when I do this lol.......

i kind of have to shift as much work as possible to gtx

GPU isnt flexiable as CPU so answer is no

dlr5668 wrote:

GPU isnt flexiable as CPU so answer is no

Ahh thats a shame.....i was really hoping to replace splash player because while the frame interpolation works over there, their own player is freaking trash lol. However they rely heavily on GPU which makes my laptop very cool since its only loading to like 30% ish anyways, while my cpu remains around 10-15%.

1660 and later can use NVIDIA Optical Flow API for this

> I did, it makes the fan work even harder since the cpu block is extra hot now the fan is roaring at max speed almost all the time when I do this lol.......

this's strange, this "trick" is usually works
probably the NV card is still in use by the video renderer for example

Chainik wrote:

1660 and later can use NVIDIA Optical Flow API for this

> I did, it makes the fan work even harder since the cpu block is extra hot now the fan is roaring at max speed almost all the time when I do this lol.......

this's strange, this "trick" is usually works
probably the NV card is still in use by the video renderer for example

damn i thought 1650 is also in the turing family.......ugh

8 (edited by Anim8 21-11-2019 01:06:57)

The 1650 is a Turing based GPU but the Nvidia Encoder(NVENC) on that model is from Volta and not Turing NVENC.

Nvidia tech specs:
https://i.imgur.com/Zk17u3u.png

Anim8 wrote:

The 1650 is a Turing based GPU but the Nvidia Encoder(NVENC) on that model is from Volta and not Turing NVENC.

Nvidia tech specs:
https://i.imgur.com/Zk17u3u.png

Damn, I thought ryzen 3550H + 1650 for 500 bucks was a steal, now I guess I know why was it so damn cheap, lol.......fuck