Topic: Video gets smaller with black border in fullscreen mode

Hey,

Im a long time SVP user and its working fine with pot player.
I recently updated SVP but Im not sure if this is what started the following problem. I also had win10 update, not even god knows what that did.

Problem description:
If I start a video and switch it to fullscreen, then after a few seconds the video gets black bars around the video from all sides so left, right, top bottom, which then gets outer lighting, but that doesnt matter I guess. A week ago this was not happening.

If I start a video in window, or Im switching back to windowed mode, then the black border disapperas, so in window mode its working as expected.

If I switch to fullscreen mode, then its scaling perfectly for a few seconds, so video is really fullscreen, but then the video gets the black border and thats the moment when the "SVP:playing at 143.856 / Automatic" text appears in bottom left corner. I attached 2 screenshots about fullscreen and windowed mode.

I tried to look around in settings, but all seems fine: Under video settings it is: keep aspect ratio and keep normal size. To be honest I didnt touch the settings before the problem started. Im sure its not the video file either because videos that were previously fine are also gets resized now. I also checked the SVP log, but I cant see anything bad. I have 3 monitors, and behavior is the same on all of them.

Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks in advance

Post's attachments

SVP_problem_fullscreen.jpg 153.52 kb, 94 downloads since 2019-11-12 

SVP_problem_window.jpg 115.58 kb, 90 downloads since 2019-11-12 

Re: Video gets smaller with black border in fullscreen mode

turn off "outer lighting"

Hmm, I feel stupid now that I havent tried this. This solved the problem, thanks for the really fast feedback.
Its funny, because I can turn it ON again and now its also fine, so right now I cant even reproduce this issue.

It would be interesting to know what caused this and why the issue disappeared after turning the feature OFF, (then back ON.)

cause you had a "glow lights" mode enabled and now you turned on "fill black bars" mode
they are different

Now Im totally confused about what settings I had before and how it went wrong if I had not touched the settings smile
Anyway, now its ok, thanks once again. Back to watching the movie in fullscreen again.