Re: Mpv 4k hdr choppy

Blackfyre my cpu is 4.4 thought it was 4.6 its always runing that speed
I tried the meltdown disabler and restarted but didnt effect performance still choppy with 10bit enabled.
It keeps dropping frames.
https://imgur.com/a/hpUlqhs

xerno wrote:

Blackfyre my cpu is 4.4 thought it was 4.6 its always runing that speed
I tried the meltdown disabler and restarted but didnt effect performance still choppy with 10bit enabled.
It keeps dropping frames.
https://imgur.com/a/hpUlqhs

Ofcourse, our CPU is not powerful enough to handle 4K at 4.4Ghz, not even 4.5Ghz, I have tried.

If you have a decent CPU cooler you can overclock it to 4.6Ghz, but I don't recommend it if you haven't done overclocking yourself in the past. If you are using the STOCK CPU cooler, definitely DO NOT overclock no matter what, it can't even handle 4.4Ghz stable, let alone overclocking. You need a good CPU cooler and you need to monitor temperatures.

I believe i7-8700 costs 10 times less than a cheapest 82-inch TV on the market big_smile

@Blackfyre I tried 4.6ghz but temps got way to high even when using water cooling. I might delidd it someday
@Chainik I got the 82 inch for 2000$ big_smile

xerno wrote:

@Blackfyre I tried 4.6ghz but temps got way to high even when using water cooling. I might delidd it someday

No way... with water cooling?! You must have set the voltage too high, try 1.220v for vCore. If it crashes up it to 1.23, then 1.24 if the prior voltage crashes.

Every 4790K I have encountered can push 4.6Ghz with 1.24v or lower, the change becomes more apparent between different chips when they hit 4.7Ghz or higher, some only require 1.25v, others require 1.32v to hit 4.7Ghz, but 4.6Ghz with water cooling should really be attainable. That is very surprising. As for de-lidding I wish I had the balls to delid mine too, difference in temperatures is MASSIVE with our chips.

Blackfyre wrote:

YAY UPDATE smile

updated!

Chainik wrote:
Blackfyre wrote:

YAY UPDATE smile

updated!

Thanks smile

Just tested a few videos, but SVP is not kicking in when playing videos anymore with MPV.

Tested MPC and it works, but it's like SVP is not detecting MPV is running. I'm sure the fix is simple.

works fine for me

works for me too...
not sure it's connected with the update

35 (edited by James D 10-04-2019 19:27:27)

Blackfyre wrote:

Thanks smile

Just tested a few videos, but SVP is not kicking in when playing videos anymore with MPV.

Tested MPC and it works, but it's like SVP is not detecting MPV is running. I'm sure the fix is simple.

Check if there is a launched mpv process already and delete it.

36 (edited by Blackfyre 10-04-2019 21:14:31)

Chainik wrote:

works for me too...
not sure it's connected with the update

It only started happening after the update, very weird too, because in SVP Control Panel, when I am not playing anything, at the bottom it says "No Active Playback". But when I play something with MPV, it chooses the correct profile for 1080p and it chooses the correct profile when I play 4K, but SVP is not doing motion interpolation, nothing, frame rate of the video remains the same, and CPU usage doesn't go up at all.

First time I have had this issue, and only started happening after the update. Very strange. Not sure how to fix it. Only with MPV as well, doesn't happen with MPC, but I don't use MPC it's useless to me now.

EDIT:

Chainik, I sent a report using SVP, have a look at it. Included a screenshot too.

37 (edited by Blackfyre 11-04-2019 05:33:49)

FIXED: Check edit at the bottom.

Okay, I decided to check MPV configuration file. Cut all the lines, clicked save, started the video and everything worked. Went back, clicked paste, same issue came back. So something changed in the update that's breaking SVP from working with MPV using these settings below, I'm going to try to narrow it down to what's causing the issue:

vo=gpu
profile=gpu-hq
fbo-format=rgba16hf
gpu-api=vulkan
gpu-context=winvk
hwdec=nvdec
spirv-compiler=shaderc

priority=high

scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp
dscale=ewa_lanczossharp
dither-depth=auto
correct-downscaling=yes
sigmoid-upscaling=yes
deband=yes
deband-iterations=4
deband-threshold=50
deband-range=16
deband-grain=0

vd-lavc-dr=yes
vd-lavc-threads=16

sub-ass-shaper=complex
sub-font-size=35
sub-scale-by-window=yes
sub-pos=100
sub-align-x=center
sub-align-y=bottom
sub-margin-y=3

hdr-compute-peak=yes

glsl-shader="C:\Users\musta\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\KrigBilateral.glsl"

profile-desc=cond:get('height', 0) < 1440
glsl-shader="C:\Users\musta\AppData\Roaming\mpv\Shaders\FSRCNNX_x2_8-0-4-1.glsl"

----------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Changed hwdec=nvdec to hwdec=nvdec-copy and now it's working. I always used hwdec=nvdec before without issue though, weird.

cant use non copy codecs with svp. Same situation as avisynth players

dlr5668 wrote:

cant use non copy codecs with svp. Same situation as avisynth players

I've been using hwdec=nvdec for over a month and watched a lot of TV Shows & Movies using it without issues.

you may consider this as a bug in old version(s) big_smile
it isn't supposed to work w/o "-copy"

41 (edited by James D 11-04-2019 14:23:02)

That's life: bugs are considered as "features" and now features are considered as "bugs" smile

Haha love it smile Oh well, I'm just glad everything is back in working order smile

what is the command line in mpv.conf file to bitstream through HDMI?

https://mpv.io/manual/master/#options-audio-spdif
audio-spdif=ac3,eac3,dts-hd

Chainik wrote:

https://mpv.io/manual/master/#options-audio-spdif
audio-spdif=ac3,eac3,dts-hd

it works!!! just had to add "truehd" smile

Blackfyre wrote:

...4790K @ 4.6Ghz and a GTX 1070. I watch 4K @ 48FPS HDR content without any lag. ...

@Blackfyre

-are you watching on TV screen or monitor PC? Because with 48 FPS there's no such refresh mode in TV...

-when watching HDR content with MPV, do you set Windows to HDR mode?

@Otic

My 4K HDR TV is my monitor. It's connected to the PC.

When watching HDR Content with MPV, I DO NOT enable HDR in Windows. Windows HDR sucks and I will never enable it, I don't know if they fixed it in 1903, I'm still on 1809.

MPV does a very good job of recovering HDR colours on its own.