1 (edited by kadigan.ksb 25-08-2017 17:41:34)

Topic: MPC-HC randomly hanging/crashing on seeking

Whenever I seek in videos, I have a fairly high chance of hanging MPC-HC. Doesn't matter if I click in the timeline or use the skip-to-keyframe shortcuts.

It happens more often if I do it during playback (ie. it tends to happen a bit less often if I pause, seek and then unpause).

For some files, I have almost 100% chance of hanging on seek - there are files/encodes which I sometimes need to re-start 20-30 times before I'll be able to seek to where I was in the video before -- because I'll try to seek, it'll hang, I'll have to close the player and reopen it, try to seek, it'll hang...

I've experimented w/ the option to disable SVP while seeking. Back when I was using SVP3, disabling the fast off/on option (ie. having it rebuild the frame index w/o turning off) helped, but it was generally very bad in terms of quality (obvious buffer artifacts).

Is there anything I could do to fix this?

Software:

• MPC-HC x86 v1.7.11

• madVR v0.91.8

• ReClock v1.8.8.5

• SVP4 Pro 4.1.0.114

Hardware:

• CPU: AMD FX-8350

• RAM: 2x 8GB + 2x 4GB (total 24GB)

• GPU: GeForce GTX1080 FE

Re: MPC-HC randomly hanging/crashing on seeking

x64 is probably better than x86

3 (edited by kadigan.ksb 25-08-2017 18:57:23)

Now that I've switched from using madVR to EVR-CP (see this topic), it behaves much like it did before, but now instead of hanging it always crashes with an error dump like:

evr!CMFVideoMixer::GetOutputStatusPrivate+0x1e4
evr!CMFVideoMixer::MFTProcessOutput+0x18a
evr!CMFVideoMixer9::MFTProcessOutput+0x2a
mpc_hc!DSObjects::CEVRAllocatorPresenter::GetImageFromMixer+0xf7
mpc_hc!DSObjects::CEVRAllocatorPresenter::GetMixerThread+0x1b1
mpc_hc!DSObjects::CEVRAllocatorPresenter::GetMixerThreadStatic+0x18
WARNING: Following frames may be wrong.
kernel32!BaseThreadInitThunk+0x12
ntdll!__RtlUserThreadStart+0x70
ntdll!_RtlUserThreadStart+0x1b

It seems that this has a fair amount of dumps for that specific bug report. Could all (or most) of them be SVP users?

Also, I've been using x86 instead of x64 because it uses avisynth -- I didn't know how to set it up for x64.

SVP installs 64-bit Avisynth+ if you choose 64-bit players support at the install time.

Hello. I like it to open Adult-streams in MPC-Player to skip much faster through the stream than in embeded player, and click from time to time the mousebutten to deactivate the pause on SVP.

My question is now, if there are recommendation settings to prevent stocks while skipping. i use fast klicks with 2 seconds forward, my mouse-wheel for skips between 10 and 30 seconds, and further more 2 minute jumps.

The videoquality is not really important. I tested some options like "Reinitiaqlize when changing display" oder "chache compiled shaders". Also different settings of the internal, built in, external and multidimensional filters, decoders and splitters, which are activated here, or not prefered there and so on. man, i will newer understand this matter. i could not really say if the setting made changes, in case it was due to that.

Thanks

prevent stocks while skipping

I really don't understand what you are talking about? MPC crashes? MPC hungs?

In any case try to use mpv. It works better than MPC with streaming video.

7 (edited by maikpluto 03-10-2017 15:14:39)

Hello. i tested mpv player with svp tube. (can't find another method to add streams except drag and drop.

In almost all videos of different pages, svp tube couldnt find a stream, as i clicked on "copy link" on svp tube.

For now i use firefox addon downloadhelper to copy this video-url and add it to mpc player. in 95% it works.

second problem in mpv is, i can not find a way to configurate key-buttons.

> In almost all videos of different pages, svp tube couldnt find a stream, as i clicked on "copy link" on svp tube.
SVPtube uses youtube-dl library to get video-stream from browser link. It compatible to many websites. Please give an example of such not working link?

> problem in mpv is, i can not find a way to configurate key-buttons
You can find it in mpv options manual.

@maikpluto - you might get more help by opening a new thread instead of hijacking an old one.

I have the same problem with hang when I use seek.
It happens only with madVR. It happens almost every time I try to seek too fast - else if I wait like 5 seconds after first seek, it won't freeze.
Also it happens only when SVP is enabled. I've tried to change the "Reset on seek" option which affects the occurrence of this bug but if won't eliminate it.

I can't use EVR because it makes my whole system unstable - for example after watching one whole movie using EVR, my PC would not wake up from sleep or hibernation - I have no idea why (it took me forever to track that down!).

11 (edited by dlr5668 15-12-2018 16:53:26)

juraj.masiar wrote:

I have the same problem with hang when I use seek.
It happens only with madVR. It happens almost every time I try to seek too fast - else if I wait like 5 seconds after first seek, it won't freeze.
Also it happens only when SVP is enabled. I've tried to change the "Reset on seek" option which affects the occurrence of this bug but if won't eliminate it.

I can't use EVR because it makes my whole system unstable - for example after watching one whole movie using EVR, my PC would not wake up from sleep or hibernation - I have no idea why (it took me forever to track that down!).

1 Disable black bar detection in SVP
2 If still crashes then disable outer lighting

I have both disabled, but I had "Alter video frame size" set to "Resize to screen" and disabling this seems to help!
Thank you for such a fast response and easy fix!