1 (edited by stereoman 16-11-2018 23:27:43)

Topic: 4K HDR Working in MPCHC after latest update.

Just got the latest update and happy to report the HDR Colour restore option is working well for me, finally I can ditch my tv's interpolation for SVP smoothness, cheers for the fix, made my day smile

Re: 4K HDR Working in MPCHC after latest update.

Can you share the settings ? I’m getting an avsynth error in the video and hdr not working on mpc-hc64

3 (edited by stereoman 17-11-2018 07:00:30)

Yeah the only issue I had was I had to enable HDR in the windows 10 display settings as madvr doesn't send the metadata with ffdshow enabled which is kind of annoying but at least it works, then I had to select Try to recover hdr colors options in SVP.

https://image.ibb.co/b4x6Pf/svp-4k-settings.png

https://image.ibb.co/dmSec0/svp-4k-settings2.png

Make sure you have GPU acceleration enabled in SVP as well, as the restore hdr colors option wouldn't work for me unless it was on and make sure it's set to DXVA2 copyback in Lav filters

I'm running a 4790k at 4.7ghz with a Geforce 1070 and these settings work great for my system but you'll probably need to experiment depending on your specs.

Anyway hope this helps.

4 (edited by sijuthomas98 17-11-2018 08:22:46)

Everything was working till today.
Now I get an error, Im using win 7 with a gtx1080 card
"13:45:21.756 [E]: Playback [210a58]: AVS - System exception - Illegal Instruction
13:45:21.756 [E]: Playback [210a58]: AVS - (C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\SVP4\scripts\210a58.avs, line 42)
13:45:21.756 [E]: Playback [210a58]: AVS - (C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\SVP4\scripts\210a58.avs, line 61)"

actually i wanted to post the issue i faced yesterday. although it i finally get it working in MPC (super thanks to team here!!!) but the 4k movie can only smooth for the first x minutes. after that then it become jerky in terms of audio and video. the whole time the cpu usage was around 40+%. my setup is  8700k @ 4.8Ghz + 1080 ti

Hello,
thank you for this update. it would be perfect to have an option to let the HDR to SDR conversion to madVR. is it possible someday? you're going to tell me it's not possible with ffdshow, but it would really take a way to get through ffdshow, it's better for the future.
(GoogleTranslate)

7 (edited by Hennyo 26-11-2018 10:42:49)

Also interested with Sandro Pal & other people in tonemapping HDR>SDR High Frame-Rate playback for HDR BT-2020 color gamut on SDR (Quantum Dot?) displays. More power to HFR (high frame rate) tonemappping if mpv software permits.

8 (edited by Franck 27-11-2018 22:01:12)

On my side the HDR rendering is now working, but I can't get anything smooth in 4K HDR, even in 30fps. I can get 4k videos smooth as long as they don't have HDR. If HDR+4K, the image gets jerky. My CPU load stays around 50% and SVP rendering index is 1.0 . madvr says the rendering time is 9.8ms. So it should be butter smooth. Without SVP the  rendering is smoother on HDR movies.