Re: New video player - MPC-QT - UI from MPC-HC + mpv engine

Yeah, there's a bug in the mpc-qt sources that prevents SVP from working.

As there're no commits since Nov 30, I decided to build it on my own one more time - see the first post for the fixed v17.11 build.

52 (edited by Godmax 25-01-2018 14:04:02)

God bless you smile God bless SVP

Is there a way to load multiple MPC-QT instances? Regardless of SVP cant even run 2 instances, why? MPV lets me at least run 2 instances even though only 1 works with SVP active then.

No way to use 2instances of mpc-qt?

nope

There is a way to have the control menu while in full screen mode? With MPC it is possible to 'right click' with the mouse while in full screen and have all the options.

56 (edited by Franck 11-02-2018 00:27:11)

Hello,

I have SVP 4 (up to date) and the fixed v17.11 build. mpv-1.dll is nowhere on my computer and mpc-qt is asking for it. I followed the instructions in the first page, path is ok. What's wrong?
I'm sorry to say that, I think I'm gonna give up with SVP. Since I switched to a 4k projector, I can't get 4k content correctly smoothed in MPCHC using SVP, even 8bit stuff. Having a 1080 o/c and a 2600k o/c, it is rather disappointing. I've spent hours trying to tune the settings. With some 4k content it is ok, but most time I get frame drops.

Just wanted to say, I fully endorse this project!  MPC gui with MPV engine.  "Legit A F" is an understatement.

Just wanted to say that, if you enable "deband" for HDR footage, it actually makes the banding significantly worse.

If you're using Windows 10 and you do a search for "HDRSample.mkv" - This is a good example of the deband filter making the banding worse.
"C:\Windows\SystemResources\Windows.UI.SettingsAppThreshold\SystemSettings\Assets\HDRSample.mkv"

Options > Playback > Output > Color Correction:  Use these settings:

Gamma (Check) Auto Detect (1.0)
Target Prim (Auto)
Target TRC (Auto)
HDR Tone mapping (Hable)
HDR Desat (2.0)
ICC Profile (Auto Detect)

Options > Playback > Output > Deband:  Use these settings:
Iterations: (1)
Threshold (64)
Range (16)
Grain (48)

Options > Playback > Output > Scaling:  Use these settings:

Correct Downscaling (Check)
Scale Scaler (Lanczos)
Downscale Scaler (Lanczos)
Color Scaler (Bilinnear)
Temporal Scaler (Oversample)

Hopefully this is resolved so that I do not have to disable the deband filter when viewing HDR videos, and re-enable it for SDR videos.  You can see how that would become highly annoying! smile

Thanks
-Xestaog

58 (edited by Fluffy 26-09-2018 07:06:06)

Since MPC-HC is practically dead, MPC-QT seems to be a very good alternative. Powered by the MPV engine, it handles literally anything I throw at it.

Thank you for the guide, SVP works wonders in combination with MPC-QT, very good quality. However, I have a little problem. I don't know is it a bug in SVP, MPC-QT or SVPtube 2. Nevertheless, when I copy a link from YouTube and start a video through SVPtube, I do not get any audio stream, just the video stream. 

Although, if I use Menu in the MPC-QT and go to Open File, thus putting exactly the same link through the MPC-QT itself, it works fine. However, this way I do not get to choose which video format I want, because if you are putting a link straight through MPC-QT, it is always MP4, where the SVPtube allows you to choose MP4 or VP9, and I usually prefer the latter (better quality).

By the way, Twitch through SVPtube > MPC-QT works fine, I'm getting video and audio, everything is fine.

Would appreciate any help with that.

> Since MPC-HC is practically dead

https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc/releases

> when I copy a link from YouTube and start a video through SVPtube, I do not get any audio stream, just the video stream

mpc-qt doesn't have a command-line option similar to MPC-HC's

/dub "dubname"    Load an additional audio file

Oh nice, didn't know someone is actually still supporting it. Thank you for the heads-up!

> mpc-qt doesn't have a command-line option similar to MPC-HC's

I would suppose there is no workaround? Oh well, I guess I'll get back to the MPC-HC then, especially since there are fresh rollouts.

Thanks for the help Chainik.

This is one of the best media players so far. I love all its specs. It has such a lightweight standalone player. Though some of the menu items don't work well, overall the player is great. And everyone must try using it.

62 (edited by xestaog 16-12-2018 11:38:24)

Can somebody provide instructions on how to get SVP working with MPC-QT Version 18.08?

Whenever I remove the "mpv-1.dll" I get this error:

"mpc-qt.exe - Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry point mpv_hook_add could not be located in the dynamic link library S:\Program Files\mpc-qt-win-x64-1808_2\mpc-qt.exe"

I already have environment variables in place, and my SVP is configured to point at this MPC-QT.exe.  I attempted to update from MPC-QT 18.03 to 18.08, and am having problems when removing the mpv-1.dll file, which causes the error above to occur.

The way I updated is, I zipped up the old MPC-QT folder, then deleted it, so Windows cannot find the old files (They are now sitting safely inside of a zip file).  Then, I extracted the new MPC-QT v18.08 into a brand new folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! smile

Thanks!

Dunno, still works for me with a mpv-1.dll provided with SVP.
You probably have some older mpv-1.dll somewhere in PATH. Just copy the one from SVP 4\mpv64 into mpc-qt's folder.

Chainik wrote:

Dunno, still works for me with a mpv-1.dll provided with SVP.
You probably have some older mpv-1.dll somewhere in PATH. Just copy the one from SVP 4\mpv64 into mpc-qt's folder.

Okay, I tried that but I'm still getting the same error.

This is what my environment variables looks like:

https://i.imgur.com/Nei3O8p.png

Please assist, thanks. smile

Are you sure you're using the latest 0.29.1 dll? Update SVP if necessary.

Does it support mirror the video to secondary display ?

Is this still working on Linux?
I tried to set "main/setup/mpv" to "/tmp/cmdrkotori.mpc-qt.mpv" but SVP didn't work.

Looks like this one has suddenly died hmm

https://github.com/cmdrkotori/mpc-qt -> 404

Long live mpv.net?