1 (edited by Alexander09138 23-08-2018 20:18:59)

Topic: Weird issue with playback

For the most part, it's very nice. Works great with MPC-HC x64...but i have a strange issue.

I'm not sure how to put this...but when characters move on-screen, it looks like they're lagging...like they're a lower framerate than the rest of the video. And they have this weird motion blur/halo around them. It's strange.

I've been using this to watch GoT (1080p rip) the past few days.

It's definitely not a performance issue, because everything else is great.

Is this normal? Has anyone experienced this?

(60hz / 60fps. Windows 10 Home)

i7-7700HQ, 500gb SSD, 16gb ram, GTX 1070

Re: Weird issue with playback

right click -> utilities -> tearing test

> And they have this weird motion blur/halo around them

yes, this's normal

dlr5668 wrote:

right click -> utilities -> tearing test

A line is going across my screen, that's all i can notice. I don't think it's tearing.

Chainik wrote:

> And they have this weird motion blur/halo around them

yes, this's normal

The movement of characters on screen looks choppy/low fps too, like they arent matching the 60. Is that normal?

yes, it's normal too that foreground objects fluidity is lower than background especially when they are moving in opposite directions

Chainik wrote:

yes, it's normal too that foreground objects fluidity is lower than background especially when they are moving in opposite directions

Oh okay, thanks. I only have a couple more questions if you don't mind... How do i set a certain profile as default? And all i have for this is ffdshow raw filter, i heard some people say to use LAV external filters as well (i only have LAV internally). Not sure if i should.

If you don't want to add some meaningful conditions to the profile, you can just use "add scores" condition to always prefer one of the custom profiles.