Topic: SVP4 Pro freezing on all videos every few minutes

I'm experiencing this weird freezing in every video I try to play in MPCHC, it started after the last windows 10 update KB4284848, not sure why but now every video is freezing up after several minutes, the audio keeps playing in the background but the video just locks up and the only way to fix it is to close mpc and restart the video. I'm using hardware acceleration on a Geforce 1070 and I've had no issues upto now, it's only since the last windows update that I've experienced this behaviour.

Re: SVP4 Pro freezing on all videos every few minutes

> it started after the last windows 10 update
> I'm using hardware acceleration on a Geforce 1070

Try one simple solution: reinstall NVIDIA drivers. Use Clean install option or use DDU to completely remove previos NVIDIA drivers before installing new ones.

I am also facing this issue. Don t know the proper reason why this is occurring. In my case, the video is freezing after a few minutes. I am getting this issue after the latest Windows 10 update was released. To know visit iCloud Support and ask about the issue.

4 (edited by stereoman 26-07-2018 01:29:43)

Figured out why it was freezing, turns out it was due to MSI Afterburner, there's a setting called power monitoring, once I disabled this one setting all the stuttering and freezing in SVP disappeared, the only reason I even figured it out was my Oculus Rift was also stuttering and after some googling I found a post that said all stuttering in the rift disappeared once power monitoring was disabled in afterburner but for me it also fixed SVP as well, I also altered some svp settings which may have made a difference..

https://image.ibb.co/e19j68/msi_afterburner_setting.png

https://image.ibb.co/nBdizT/SVP_Settings_New.png

stereoman
> it was due to MSI Afterburner
Good job! cool