1 (edited by Duckers 14-07-2018 15:51:21)

Topic: What's the minimum cpu to have to be able to get a smooth 60 fps?

thinking of getting a small 11 inch cheap laptop or tablet purely for videos on the go, and was wondering what sort of cpu that is minimum recommended to get a smooth 60 fps interpolation.

Tv episodes will be roughly 800MB to 1GB in size 720p and movies around 10GB 1080p.

Edit: Is this one good enough?

Pentium N4200 Quad Core

https://i.imgur.com/u4XItoj.png

Re: What's the minimum cpu to have to be able to get a smooth 60 fps?

Edit: Is this one good enough?
Pentium N4200 Quad Core

forget about it

3 (edited by Duckers 14-07-2018 20:04:39)

Then as i said, what's the minimum cpu recommended for SVP for a smooth experience? Come with recommendations what i minimum need. The device will only be used for video playback.

https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Manual:SV … quirements

something with the performance equal or better than desktop 2-cores/4-threads i3 (at 3+ GHz)
do the math

You don't necessarily need such a powerful CPU when you have gpu acceleration enabled and can tolerate slightly lower settings, but the processor in question here would thermal throttle from playing tetris.

smooth-motion wrote:

You don't necessarily need such a powerful CPU when you have gpu acceleration enabled and can tolerate slightly lower settings, but the processor in question here would thermal throttle from playing tetris.

Yeah, but as i'm getting a very lightweight 2-in-1 laptop or just a normal 11 or 12 inch laptop for around 500, then it's not gonna have a powerful dedicated gpu other than the intel hd graphics. And it's not gonna play any harder games than maybe factorio level graphical ones if any games at all as i'm getting it 90% for tv shows and movies on the go (tinnitus, so need something constantly running), and since i fell in love with SVP, then i think i wanna get one that has the cpu performance to maybe give me 48 or 60 fps interpolation. And since the i3 only was 50-100 more than the other pentium one, i might buy the i3 one and try it out with svp and see how it goes. If not, then i might buy a new hdd for it where i have all pre interpolated videos. Gonna takje a half decade, but meh, better than having to spend too much just to watch 60 fps video on the go. Cause the laptop i'm thinking of even has 8 hours of battery life which is good for 4+ hours of constant videos.