Topic: What's the "best" video player for SVP pro?

Sorry if this has been asked to death, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

So I'm a little overwhelmed with the features during install, just wanting to know which software best takes advantage of all the video enhancement features?

2 (edited by dlr5668 03-11-2017 06:38:18)

Re: What's the "best" video player for SVP pro?

There are avisynth players (same shit - mpchc, potplayer etc) and vaporsynth(mpv). avisynth is more user friendly

Start with MPCHC x64 + madvr x64

3 (edited by brucethemoose 05-11-2017 02:50:17)

Currently I watch 720p and lower res stuff with MPC-HC, since MarVR is better at scaling and sharpening the image in my experience.

Anything higher (up to 1440p), I use MPC-QT. It's kinda wierd to setup, but easy to configure and use, and I can manage "higher" SVP settings with it than I can with MPC-HC.

PotPlayer can theoretically get you the best of both, but it's a pain in the butt since you have to manually configure the VapourSynth script every time. Not worth in IMO.

Is there a way to use 2 or more MPV instances with SVP? When I start a second MPV video SVP is not activated.

try this one ?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-dKtMUTKrRdc/WguR29pVxGI/AAAAAAAATrk/aJn6mDhsw4s5CQ0rnOIQC4izSk_VOEIiQCHMYCw/s0/2017-11-15_04-01-12.png

Yeah I checked use it in all opened videos. And it works with MPC-HC. Not with MPV....

mpv doesn't work this way because several instances can't share the same IPC pipe

if you have several mpv instances executed with different "--input-ipc-server" values, and all those values are listed in SVP's main.setup.mpv_pipe option then it could work

8 (edited by Godmax 15-11-2017 10:46:34)

So with a bit of work its possible or is that a very theoretical idea from you? ^^

you can try wink

10 (edited by Godmax 15-11-2017 12:04:32)

Unbelievable, it worked. God bless you smile

I copied the folder 2 times so I had mpv64,mpv642,mpv643 folders. I added the 2 new folders to the "Path" directory and changed the exes to mpv2.exe and mpv3.exe

I also added mpvpipe2, mpvpipe3 in the conf files and in SVP. And I added the paths in SVP to the mpv2.exe and mpv3.exe
And I think the multiple value needed to be changed. Its at 8 now. With 0 or 2 it didnt really work properly?!

Anyway it works now smile SVP Pro is a goddamn nice tool god bless you all smile And the MPV is usually smoother and better to handle than MPC-HC so its nice that works now with multiple instances.

One uqestion for MPV: where is the ".config" folder located? Cant find it in username, or username/appdata...... anywhere nor in the SVP4 folder.

Godmax wrote:

One uqestion for MPV: where is the ".config" folder located? Cant find it in username, or username/appdata...... anywhere nor in the SVP4 folder.

u can drop it in %appdata%\mpv

Thx for the answer. There is only one mpv folder in appdata/roaming and its empty. I want to use this script  for mpv:
https://github.com/aidanholm/mpv-easycrop

Now where can I put it in order for it to work? If I copy it in appdata/roaming/mpv it doesnt work. If I create a "script" folder there and put it in there it also doesnt work.

Godmax wrote:

doesnt work.

Here is example
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-BoqrAKP9kJY/WiHKhq0r6UI/AAAAAAAAT7c/0S5fhlkabFcoWxVFjFPj3QVAj8cUVbqwACHMYCw/s0/explorer_2017-12-02_00-32-50.png

mpv.conf

script-opts=autospeed-nircmd=true,autospeed-speed=false,autospeed-nircmdc="C:\Users\vadash\AppData\Roaming\mpv\nircmdc.exe",autospeed-rates="60;75;",autospeed-osd=true

and make sure u delete mpv.conf from svp mpv folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\mpv64

Let me put it this way: mpv is for the artists the professionals. I am now running crop.lua via command line before startup and it works more or less. Thats the best I can do atm.

16 (edited by Godmax 16-12-2017 12:02:36)

And the multiple mpv smooth playback option doesnt work anymore after the updates apparently?! Is there maybe a chance for a future multiple instances of mpv implementation? smile

> And the multiple mpv smooth playback option doesnt work anymore after the updates apparently?!

After what update? hmm it should work, nothing changed

18 (edited by Godmax 16-12-2017 17:27:47)

Well as far as I know there has been a mpv update and maybe some SVP changes?! That also resetted my changes that I made with the different paths and so on. Now it doesnt work anymore. 1 mpv instance works and when I start a second instance (with a second exe as mentioned in previous posts) it doesnt recognize the second instance anymore.

Just to clarify I am not talking about an update yesterday or sth. it stopped working for 2 weeks or sth.!

Edit: Thinking about it now the mpv.exe mustve been updated therefore I gotta copy that one in the 3 folders again and rename it. That I didnt do yet. Still after an mpv update its not working sad

19 (edited by Godmax 20-01-2018 00:00:56)

dlr5668 wrote:
Godmax wrote:

doesnt work.

Here is example
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-BoqrAKP9kJY/WiHKhq0r6UI/AAAAAAAAT7c/0S5fhlkabFcoWxVFjFPj3QVAj8cUVbqwACHMYCw/s0/explorer_2017-12-02_00-32-50.png

mpv.conf

script-opts=autospeed-nircmd=true,autospeed-speed=false,autospeed-nircmdc="C:\Users\vadash\AppData\Roaming\mpv\nircmdc.exe",autospeed-rates="60;75;",autospeed-osd=true

and make sure u delete mpv.conf from svp mpv folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\mpv64

I have the mpv.conf, the input.conf and nircmdc in the mpv folder. I also created a scripts folder and put easycrop in. I added that line you posted in mpv.conf and deleted the mpv.conf in the mpv64 folder. Still nothing happens the easycrop.lua doesnt load apparently.

Addind a command in the input.conf  I created works fine for example.

Godmax wrote:

Unbelievable, it worked. God bless you smile

I copied the folder 2 times so I had mpv64,mpv642,mpv643 folders. I added the 2 new folders to the "Path" directory and changed the exes to mpv2.exe and mpv3.exe

I also added mpvpipe2, mpvpipe3 in the conf files and in SVP. And I added the paths in SVP to the mpv2.exe and mpv3.exe
And I think the multiple value needed to be changed. Its at 8 now. With 0 or 2 it didnt really work properly?!

Anyway it works now smile SVP Pro is a goddamn nice tool god bless you all smile And the MPV is usually smoother and better to handle than MPC-HC so its nice that works now with multiple instances.

Just wanted to quote myself on this one cause it doesnt work anymore and I'd just like to know if something changed in SVP? Or it doesnt work with a newer MPV version anymore? Anyway it doesnt work anymore with 2 different ipc-server names anymore. Added "mpvpipe,mpvpipe2" in SVP but SVP only recognizes 1 MPV instance. A shame

>  I'd just like to know if something changed in SVP?

the current .122 version is from 2017-10-19

22 (edited by Godmax 19-03-2018 17:10:15)

Mhh you got any ideas why its not working (anymore)? 2 different folders (mpv64 and mpv642) with 2 different exe and conf files in each folder (mpv.exe and mpv.conf / mpv2.exe and mpv2.conf) with 2 different ipc-server names ("mpvpipe and "mpvpipe2") and I added both folders to the "path" directory and I added both exe files in SVP (seperated with a ",") and I added "mpvpipe,mpvpipe2" to the mpv_pipe path in SVP. Now I know it worked months ago somehow. SVP should check for multiple instance names (divided with a "," or not?!).
God bless you in advance

23 (edited by adamkex 19-03-2018 17:00:48)

alphatango wrote:

Sorry if this has been asked to death, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

So I'm a little overwhelmed with the features during install, just wanting to know which software best takes advantage of all the video enhancement features?

MPC-HC x64 is the easiest to use and is very good, if you use madvr you can get better image quality when upscaling (720p video to -> 1080p resolution) but it's not necessary if you are not technical.

mpv is also very good player but can be a bit tricky to set up and it's much more technical than MPC-HC.

Edit: Jesus I just realized this thread is one year old