1 (edited by myfakeacc 09-02-2018 16:53:10)

Topic: "Temporarily enable SVP"?

By default, SVP is always on and you can temporarily disable it.
Is it possible to have it the other way round? Only enable it when you desire so?
I'd like to have SVP running in the background and whenever I open a movie where I want 60FPS I can just go to SVP in the menu bar and click something like "Enable for this video".

Is there a way to achieve this without closing/reopening SVP all the time?
Alternatively, can I start SVP in "Temporarily disable SVP" mode?

Re: "Temporarily enable SVP"?

what you can do right now is add preferable video profile with "completely disable SVP" button turned on
then you'll need to manually switch to the real profile when you want SVP to be enabled for the particular video

That sounds like a good solution but how do I mark a profile as "preferable"? Feels like it just selects the first one.

4 (edited by James D 10-02-2018 01:07:51)

myfakeacc wrote:

That sounds like a good solution but how do I mark a profile as "preferable"? Feels like it just selects the first one.

Click on Apply this profile IF button, at the very bottom click Expert: add scores.

Seems to work, thanks!
I had no idea these profile conditions result in scores, always assumed they evaluate as boolean.

In case feature requests can be made: in the future it would be really neat to make the "Temporarily disable SVP" setting persistent, so when you reopen SVP again it's still active in case it was when you quit SVP.

myfakeacc wrote:

In case feature requests can be made: in the future it would be really neat to make the "Temporarily disable SVP" setting persistent, so when you reopen SVP again it's still active in case it was when you quit SVP.

More like additional option "Launch SVP disabled" or "Rember Temporary Disabled SVP flag".
I would hate this thing implemented as mandatory.

Or like that. Whatever works for all and is the least amount of effort. smile