1 (edited by Sraigius 26-11-2017 08:01:09)

Topic: Question to devs : What in the hell is "Force The Exact Value" option?

Hello there!
Basically, I was wondering what is the meaning of this option and what exactly it does? It is found in "video profiles" window, where you can select your framerate.
For example, i'm using HP W2072a monitor at custom 1600x900@76hz resolution (original resolution is 1900x900@60hz, but fuck it, all monitors can be overclocked to some extent, some can churn out more juice out of itself, some less - mine is blessed with MORE).
My SVP 4 Pro settings are these here :
https://puu.sh/ytKjj/11aaadfadc.png
Framerate is set "to screen", processing threads : "do not change".
Nothing to worry about, I can easily watch 1440p@76fps content on my rig with no frame drops, it's all good with my hardware.
I would like to hear some input from developers what are the differences, pros and cons of this "Force The Exact Value" feature and how exactly processed footage differs from the one that doesn't have this setting applied?
Thank you very much! smile

Re: Question to devs : What in the hell is "Force The Exact Value" option?

giving 23.976 video and 60 Hz screen, by default SVP will do 23.976 * 5/2 = 59.94 fps
but if you, for some reason, want exactly 60.000 fps, then you can set it via "force the exact value" option

Chainik wrote:

giving 23.976 video and 60 Hz screen, by default SVP will do 23.976 * 5/2 = 59.94 fps
but if you, for some reason, want exactly 60.000 fps, then you can set it via "force the exact value" option

Basically, it uses every last drop of your monitor's capabilities in showing frames. Haven't noticed any cons of using this "force exact value" function, so why the hell not? smile
In fact, it might be a placebo effect, but the smoothness seems somehow better with this option enabled, so there's that! smile

Sraigius wrote:

smoothness seems somehow better with this option enabled, so there's that! smile

are u running reclock / mpv ?

dlr5668 wrote:
Sraigius wrote:

smoothness seems somehow better with this option enabled, so there's that! smile

are u running reclock / mpv ?

No, I am not. SVP, ffdshow and media player classic x64 with madvr rendering output. Reclock is redundant and unnecessary when you can enable v-sync on Media Player Classic (both 86 and 64, but who the hell uses 86 anyway??) and SVP applications thru Nvidia Control Panel.

6 (edited by dlr5668 29-11-2017 17:33:20)

lul, let me explain
24 -> svp -> 76 is 3.16 multiplier so u will get 0 original frames
24 -> svp -> 72 -> reclock -> 76 so u will get 33% original frames, less artifacts in the end and less cpu load
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-U5CiDqlipGk/Wh7vVwGseKI/AAAAAAAAT4U/LSXfbF6pqaASVeV9QG7wQf063I2HXaUAwCHMYCw/s0/mpv_2017-11-29_20-33-09.png

7 (edited by Sraigius 29-11-2017 21:06:18)

dlr5668 wrote:

lul, let me explain
24 -> svp -> 76 is 3.16 multiplier so u will get 0 original frames
24 -> svp -> 72 -> reclock -> 76 so u will get 33% original frames, less artifacts in the end and less cpu load
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-U5CiDqlipGk/Wh7vVwGseKI/AAAAAAAAT4U/LSXfbF6pqaASVeV9QG7wQf063I2HXaUAwCHMYCw/s0/mpv_2017-11-29_20-33-09.png

My goal is smoothness and realistic life-like motion (without any jerky movements and other good'uns that are associated with low framerate or faulty interpolation methods),and not retaining as much original frames as possible. I don't do 24 fps, I don't even do 48 FPS or 60 FPS.
Well, technically, the only time when I do 60 FPS on movies and other things alike is when we watch The Walking Dead or some sort of other TV show or a movie with my mama on a big screen with my surround sound speakers, the big screen is connected to my PC via HDMI as a monitor, bcuz the TV itself doesn't have motion interpolation software, and bcuz carrying a TV half across the hall is easier than transferring a video file into some sort of portable media platform (like my slow-as-molasses USB stick) and then wasting 5 minutes on searching the file on an USB stick, and watching it at 24 FPS - unacceptable and no fun at all.

I don't do "adaptive" interpolation method, or any artifact masking techniques. As smooth as possible without visual distortion that make the eyes bleed. I watch movies, I watch TV shows, I don't watch no anime or anything that requires accurate, artifact-free lines and objects or contains little-to-no motion blur. Less artifacts = less smoothness . More artifacts = more smoothness. I want to make the movies and TV shows LIFELIKE, as something as you would see through the pair of your very own eyes, as if your monitor would be a window into something amazing. Complicated interpolation method and my current settings seem to tackle my needs pretty well, and the final result seems to be more than i've paid cash money and cried wolf for so many years (bcuz let's be honest, buying something like an expensive TV with built-in motion interpolation software is a waste of money, not as much as wasting money for the TV itself if it's actually big and with responsive refresh rate, but buying it exactly with motion interpolation as your primary goal - not worth it AT ALL). And as you said it yourself - Reclock reduces CPU load, so there's gotta be a REASON why this reduced CPU load happens AKA not as many frames are processed and one third of them are "uncircumcised" AKA minimally processed AKA not-as-smooth as compared with full-fat processed ones.

Actually, go ahead man, say all the pros and cons of using reclock in a combo with SVP, and if it will sound as an actually interesting and promising feature - I might consider on giving it a shot. smile

But if that's all that Reclock brings to the table - i'm not amused or interested in it at all. But go ahead, enlighten me more about this Reclock thing and what it does, i'm not condemning nothing if it comes together with a whole SVP package (especially when I'm not familiar with the full story of it) smile

you won't know till you try

adamjanin wrote:

I ain't trying nothing until the man himself explains all the A's and B's and C's of what exactly is this Reclock stuph thing and what are it's pros and cons. And if the features of this additional application are going to arouse my curiosity enough - I will definitely try it out. But now? I'm all good with my current SVP setup. smile

10 (edited by dlr5668 30-11-2017 19:14:26)

adamjanin wrote:

exactly, no spoonfeed here big_smile use search

dlr5668 wrote:
adamjanin wrote:

exactly, no spoonfeed here big_smile use search

In that way, THANKS but NO THANKS. But as a consolation prize i'll give you a "thanks" on your ass as a gift of upcoming Christmas ;*

12 (edited by James D 30-11-2017 22:08:16)

Sraigius wrote:

Actually, go ahead man, say all the pros and cons of using reclock in a combo with SVP, and if it will sound as an actually interesting and promising feature - I might consider on giving it a shot. smile
But if that's all that Reclock brings to the table - i'm not amused or interested in it at all. But go ahead, enlighten me more about this Reclock thing and what it does, i'm not condemning nothing if it comes together with a whole SVP package (especially when I'm not familiar with the full story of it) smile

I can tell you everything. Just write your nickname on A4 paper, hold it in one hand, get down on your knees, close your eyes, open your mouth and make a picture of yourself like this.
As soon as I get this photo, I will explain you everything and some more. My word, 'man', no sht.

James D wrote:
Sraigius wrote:

I can tell you everything. Just write your nickname on A4 paper, hold it in one hand, get down on your knees, close your eyes, open your mouth and make a picture of yourself like this.
As soon as I get this photo, I will explain you everything and some more. My word, 'man', no sht.

What a fucking faggot. smh