26 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 30-10-2017 19:57:16)

Re: Performance issues FX8350-GTX1080, MPC-HC-madVR, SVP4Pro 4.1.0.114

Chainik wrote:

FX is "4 cores/8 threads CPU" too

But it's not...?  It's 4 modules, and each module has 2 integer decoders and a single shared floating point decoder.

Windows identifies FX CPUs as 4cores/8threads just so that the scheduler loads each module with an individual single process before it starts putting two processes on a single module.

if it's neither 4 nor 8 cores then I prefer to think it's 4 cores/8 threads big_smile

Chainik wrote:

if it's neither 4 nor 8 cores then I prefer to think it's 4 cores/8 threads big_smile

That's why some people just say "4modules/8threads" since it's actually 100% accurate while avoiding the entire "is it truly 8 cores?" debate

29 (edited by brucethemoose 01-11-2017 10:18:33)

kadigan.ksb wrote:

For now, I will try sticking to EVR-CP. It definitely works good enough, and I don't really see the difference from madVR... Maybe some color change, but I probably wouldn't notice (I'm used to slightly washed-out chroma much more nowadays, much like I'm used to much less compression on sound).

I still don't get why madVR was such an issue, though.

Not today, but in some time I'll try resetting it and changing settings one at a time to see which one is the offender -- assuming it's one, not a combination. We'll see. Will it be okay for me to append to this thread once I do?

Thanks again.

You need to do a full reset of MadVR, not a 1 by 1 change. I had a similar problem at one point, and it turns out an old MadVR config was absolutely tanking performance.

That said, I'm not surprised the Mac version works better. MPV's SVP is more efficient, even on Windows.

For now, I've "fixed" the issue by creating separate profiles for SD, 720p and 1080p that don't tank the performance. I probably should've done that from the beginning.

Also, switching to the custom presenter helped in full-screen, though I don't use it as much (because of UI loss).

Also, I finally ran into issues w/ the Mac version - had to create presets there as well, in the end. For now, it's working okay. I'll report back when I move to some newer CPU and have something to compare to.

Thanks.