1 (edited by brucethemoose 23-10-2017 20:37:34)

Topic: Use VapourSynth script in MPV

What's the syntax for running a vapoursynth script in MPV? I'm trying to run a custom deinterlacing script in real time.

I have this in the mpv.conf file:

vf=vapoursynth=C:\Users\Me\Desktop\Deinterlace.vpy

And have tried a number of variations. Script works fine in VSEdit, but I can't seem to activate the filter sad

I ask this in the SVP forums because I'm using SVP's MPV build, and I'm not 100% sure you can run SVP and another VS script at the same time. If I could figure out how to load a script, I could work around that by just copying SVP's vapoursynth script I suppose, but I'd rather adjust the settings via the application (as the script changes the video's framerate).

Re: Use VapourSynth script in MPV

vf=vapoursynth=[C:\Users\Me\Desktop\Decimate.vpy]

note the brackets

3 (edited by brucethemoose 23-10-2017 22:44:15)

Chainik wrote:

vf=vapoursynth=[C:\Users\Me\Desktop\Decimate.vpy]

note the brackets

Thanks, that did it.

SVP seems to override the script though. If I close SVP, the script runs, if I open SVP, SVP runs instead of the script.

Any way to work around that other than copying the generated SVP script? I'd like to adjust the settings in real time.

4 (edited by brucethemoose 23-10-2017 22:54:30)

Another quick question: does SVP use the GPU when running as a MPV VS script? I think I'm getting worse performance when running it that way, with less GPU usage, but I'm not 100% sure.

yes, it works exactly the same way as in Avisynth plugin