1 (edited by Tinky 06-06-2017 15:35:26)

Topic: DVD playback + ffdshow resize ON + Avisynth used by SVP = bug, trouble

Hello,

I meet a problem playing DVD with :

Player : MPC-HC (64 and 32 does same result I will describe)
Raw video decoder : ffdshow (64 and 32 same problem too)
Settings on ffdshow : resize & aspect filter checked (the problem occurs even if I dont go to setting under resize, even if set no method)
Internal decoder : LAV video decoder

I use SVP pro, but it is not SVP the problem it avisynth filter from ffdshow, when it is set, particularly when "buffer ahead" is set -> problem (I tried unsetting buffer, it works but SVP in this case delivers bad performance).

The problem is : the player first renders the current frame unsized, and the next resized, it does it mecanically all over the run, finishing with memory leak and also sometimes with crash. By the way it is unwatchable xD (sounds is making problem too right after).

Maybe linked to the fact frames are interlaced, but even if I check LAV video decoder filters, it does not change anything...

Note, it happens ONLY on DVD playback ! Not on regular videos (mkv, avi etc... progressive mode)

I need your help, to know if there is a way to fix it, I want to be able to do a real-time lanczos resize with ffdshow while using SVP (then avisynth auto checked by it -> = problem).

I am on a deadend ^^.

big_smile thanks and regards.

______
Thanks to SVP devs, for their great software !

Re: DVD playback + ffdshow resize ON + Avisynth used by SVP = bug, trouble

I would avoid resizing with ffdshow raw. madVR is the best variant to resize.

Re: DVD playback + ffdshow resize ON + Avisynth used by SVP = bug, trouble

btw, SVP already does "real-time lanczos resize"