Topic: On 10-bit Support and etc.

Hi, I'm using SVP on Windows with MPC. Given a 10-bit 1080P H.265 video I'm having the following question:

1. Do I set the output of ffdshow raw video filter to 10- or 8-bit? That is is SVP able to directly output processed 10-bit stream without conversion?

2. If I'm getting this right shouldn't SVP processing take place before rending? Then how come the madVR OSD claims that "movie 23.976 fps (says source filter)"? Or does that mean it is not providing with the actual frame rate?

3. I'm using a 144 hz monitor with G-sync support. Is it a good idea to enable that for video playback?

I would appreciated your help!
Thanks.

Re: On 10-bit Support and etc.

Ok... After some investigation it seems like 10-bit is not yet supported for MPC. Also G-sync is a bad idea.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

3 (edited by Anim8 21-04-2017 03:30:46)

I believe only MPV supports 10bit for now with SVP.

geqi2012 wrote:

That is is SVP able to directly output processed 10-bit stream without conversion?

With SVP you also need to set allow_10bit = true (false is default which is YUV 4:2:0, 8bit output)
http://i.imgur.com/HeD6TS6.png

geqi2012 wrote:

2. If I'm getting this right shouldn't SVP processing take place before rending? Then how come the madVR OSD claims that "movie 23.976 fps (says source filter)"? Or does that mean it is not providing with the actual frame rate?

23.976 fps is correct, says source filter is the specified fps of the video, not the estimated fps or the interpolated frame rate.

Isnt 10 bit only for Vapoursynth and mpv ?

10-bit is only for mpv and VLC

neither ffdshow nor PotPlayer doesn't support 10-bit Avisynth processing

> Do I set the output of ffdshow raw video filter to 10- or 8-bit?

8-bit

thanks everyone!