Topic: Audio sync problem since update to 4.1.0.111?

It seems I have audio sync problems since the latest update to SVP 4.1.0.111  This is noticable when you see people talking in movies, the sound just don't line up exactly with the movement of their mouth.

I use MPC-HC and SVP always set to "screen x 0,5" (most movies result in 29.970) as framerate conversion. When i disable SVP temporarily or change SVP to "movie x 2,5" there are no audio problems. I really don't like the soap opera effect at "movie at 2,5" and I never encountered this problem in previous versions of SVP when using "screen x 0,5"

Can anybody test if you have this problem as well when using "screen x 0,5" in the latest SVP version?

Re: Audio sync problem since update to 4.1.0.111?

So you using svp to make 24 fps videos to ~30 fps ? WTF

Yes, and display it on projector 60hz. Results are smooth and fine for me, except for the audio issue.

Try go back to Avisynth 2.6 http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 690#p64690

Thanks, I will try that when I get home later today. Do I just have to un-install AviSynth+, or do i need to install AviSynth 2.6 after I un-installed AviSynth+

Don't know, i didn't install latest SVP exactly due to Avs switch.

I just de-installed AviSynth+ from Windows. After that I rebooted and installed AviSynth 2.6 using the link provided in the other topic (I also replaced avisynth.dll, not sure if that was necessary).

It looks like it solved my problem. Seems like AviSynth+ was causing the audio sync problem.

Thanks for the help, made me happy!

Simple coping different avisynth.dll into the mpc-hc folder is enough, w/o re-installing anything... wink

This's strange cause nobody reported audio sync issues with 64-bit Avisynth+ for months.

James D
i didn't install latest SVP exactly due to Avs switch.

1. why?
2. you can update SVP w/o updating Avisynth, can't you?

9 (edited by James D 14-04-2017 00:23:56)

I guess I can.
Welcome, Jesco.

Chainik wrote:

Simple coping different avisynth.dll into the mpc-hc folder is enough, w/o re-installing anything... wink

This's strange cause nobody reported audio sync issues with 64-bit Avisynth+ for months.

I didn't copy the avisynth.dll to the mpc-hc folder, but to c:\windows\syswow64\ but thanks anyway, I will try that if needed next time.

I did not have audio sync issues with Avisynth+ on "movie x 2,5". Only on "screen x 0,5". It must have got to do something with the combination of Avisynth+ and "screen x 0,5".

I use the PotPlayer 64 Native with Avisynth. It worked very well (no colorspace problems Bt2020-> Madvr...)
Since the latest update to SVP 4.1.0.111 the audio isnt sync anymore. I had to switch back to MPCHC with ffdshow raw.....
Is there a chance to go back to previous svp versions? For example with an offline Installer? (on the License manager page i can only download the newest one).

thanks and sorry for the bad english.

which Avisynth version is in use in the PotPlayer?

The Update of the Potplayer and SVP was at the same evening.
First i thought the problem was caused by the potplayer update. I completely removed it and installed it agin.
Unfortunately I do not know which version was stored in the potplayer directory.
The actual avisynth+ dll (2455) produces smooth playback, but the audio lags behind.
(Audio is set to Bitstream, no audioprocessing in Potplayer).
Unfortunately I have no idea witch component causes the problem.

if we're talking about 32-bit version - try to revert to Avisynth 2.6 (extract that one - https://www.dropbox.com/s/dckxoowjlzwku … 0150220.7z - into PotPlayer's folder)

Thanks for that.
Actually i ment the 64 bit version.
I installed the 32 bit PotPlayer - without gpu acceleration it works. (with acceleration it's very choppy)
For 4K videos my 6core i7 is too slow.
I tested Vapoursynth in the 64 bit Potplayer. unfortunaley its also choppy. The MPV Player works very smooth, but the colorspace in HDR movies looks wrong, and mpv doesn't support Madvr.
If there's another player with native SVP support and MadVr i would change.

Because of the jerky playback with gpu acceleration in the 32bit potplayer, I have tested the 64bit player (r2455MT) without gpu acceleration.
Interestingly, without gpu acceleration, the audio sync is correct.
The gpus are 2x amd 290x. gpu acc on second gpu. (first gpu is used by MadVr).
CPU is i7 5820k @4.2 ghz.

there was one report that choppy playback was caused by DXVA decoding turned on
try to switch to software decoding mode

anyway if you believe SVP update is the cause then you can replace svpmanager.exe with the old one and see if it helps
rev.105 rev.110

I have tried:
AVX off, gpu 1 accel, crossfire off, all three svp manager versions.
AVX on, gpu 1 accel, crossfire off, all three svp manager versions.
AVX off, gpu 2 accel, crossfire off, all three svp manager versions.
AVX on, gpu 2 accel, crossfire off, all three svp manager versions.
crossfire on... etc.
Same result.

I have noticed that the gpus perftest results are a bit low (~1600) compared to earlier results i remember (~2100).
anyway with the r2455mt version the playback - with quality on medium - is smooth @70-90% cpu load on 4k HDR.
I will observe the behavior on all further updates (Potplayer, gpu driver etc.) and report it, if someting solves the problem.
thx for your help