Topic: DPC latency and micro shutter fix found!

I believe that it has to deal with timer sync between windows and Bios.

After research and testing in overwatch/svp play back, the following pretty much fixed EVERYTHING.
Please try them out and report back here if they work or not.

These tweaks are applied via Command Prompt (Admin).

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true
bcdedit /set tscsyncpolicy Enhanced
bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

To remove them:
bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock
bcdedit /deletevalue tscsyncpolicy
bcdedit /deletevalue disabledynamictick

Re: DPC latency and micro shutter fix found!

Do you have an nVidia Pascal card? The DPC Latency issues everyone knows about them with Pascal, they've improved over the last few driver updates, but they're still there. I have a GTX 1070, but I've seen people with the GTX 1080 & 1060 report DPC Latency issues. I've already disabled all of the above, and while it certainly helps, the DPC Latency issues still remain.

However, having said that, these issues have never impacted SVP for me. I use MPC x64 + Madvr + SVP combination.

3 (edited by ckychris 17-03-2017 12:57:50)

Blackfyre wrote:

Do you have an nVidia Pascal card? The DPC Latency issues everyone knows about them with Pascal, they've improved over the last few driver updates, but they're still there. I have a GTX 1070, but I've seen people with the GTX 1080 & 1060 report DPC Latency issues. I've already disabled all of the above, and while it certainly helps, the DPC Latency issues still remain.

However, having said that, these issues have never impacted SVP for me. I use MPC x64 + Madvr + SVP combination.

Yes. DPC Latency doesn't decrease but system feel much more responsive. have you tried those settings with a game? I personally break records in one overwatch game. Maybe input lag improvement is more significant.

Btw, use the fluency test in SVP, you may notice tiny shutter that normally can't see.

interesting enough that AMD recommends turn OFF HPET (i.e. "useplatformclock") for Ryzen benchmarking
and I believe it's ON by default on most systems

Personally I use these commands:

bcdedit /set disabledynamictick true
bcdedit /set useplatformclock false
bcdedit /set useplatformtick false

These provide my system with the best latency & stability. But the nVidia Latency issues with the pascal cards cannot be fixed until nVidia fixes it with a driver update (they improved it compared to how bad it was when the cards first got released, but it's still noticeable). I removed my GTX 1070, and inserted my old HD7970 (280x Equivalent), and the graphic driver latency completely disappeared, re-inserted the GTX 1070, and the latency issues returned.