Topic: mpv shows blue screen

Hi,

Clean install SVP Pro on Windows 10 Intel HD 4600

I performed all default settings upon install but also selected mpv to install.

When I select "open file with mpv" the audio plays but there is blue screen for video.

Regards,

Aziz

=========
Solution: update mpv package to ver. 0.24-1

Re: mpv shows blue screen

a report sent from the SVP Manager would be more helpful wink

what about playing the same video file with the same SVP settings via MPC-HC?

Report from SVP manager has been submitted.

MPC-HC plays the video but stutters and is not smooth despite the SVP logo appearing at the start of the video.

CPU is Intel core i3-4330 Desktop CPU.

I tried disabling GPU acceleration but same problem. Am I missing some component? I just used default install but also selected mpv during install.

OK so I started over and remove the whole install and this time I selected every option and installed everything:

mpv still showing blue screen. Tried different video downloaded with youtube-dl same problem:

I also shut down SVP and just run video using command line mpv. Still have blue screen.

I then downloaded latest windows build of mpv and it plays correctly!  No blue screen anymore.

Something is wrong with your build of mpv.

I then tried to use VLC, followed instructions in wiki(added path variables, made sure everyone has permissions to access VLC folder etc. )

VLC messages shows these errors:

core error: option sout-deinterlace-mode does not exist
core error: Failed to create video filter2 'deinterlace'
core error: Failed to add filter 'deinterlace'

Am I missing a component?

try to disable ANGLE in mpv - remove

opengl-backend=angle

line from mpv.conf

and another one: copy d3dcompiler_47.dll into d3dcompiler_43.dll

Thank you that fixed the issue in mpv.

OK, I made some research on this.

Solution

If you see "blue screen" the best solution is to rename SVP 4\mpv64\d3dcompiler_47.dll into SVP 4\mpv64\d3dcompiler_43.dll

Chainik,

Just curious, do you know why this rename needs to happen? Is this a bug somewhere?

Thanks,

Aziz

Because the latest build (0.24) was made with built-in ANGLE libraries (comparing to 0.23 that needed Google's libEGL.dll and others).
The thing is external libs taken from the Chrome distribution require d3dcompiler_47.dll to work while this built-in version for some reason wants an older d3dcompiler_43.dll.