151 (edited by Legiaoday 04-08-2015 20:51:33)

Re: Convert Videos to 60fps in just a few clicks

Mystery wrote:

I haven't tried it on Windows 10 yet. It seems something needs to be updated with the .NET Framework dependency.

As for the encoding error, it seems AVS isn't being recognized as a video file extension. I suppose you haven't installed AviSynth (or SVP) after upgrading? Is SVP working, because to play videos with SVP, the system must be able to recognize and play AVS files.

SVP is working just fine and AviSynth is installed. All the other features in the Natural Grounding Player such as video download/ session playback are also working properly.
I didn't notice any other problem aside from the encoder and the .NET message.

So, with which program should the .avs files be associated to?

Chainik wrote:

Windows 10 update breakes .avs file association

That explains.

How do you work around this?

reinstall Avisynth?  smile

Mystery wrote:
Chainik wrote:

Windows 10 update breakes .avs file association

That explains.

How do you work around this?

Upgrade to Windows 7?

However, Avisynth does not work by altering the default program associated with .avs files and neither does SVP require any particular default program association to function. Think about it, ANY video player can open .avs files as a valid video file; all of them cannot possibly be the default associated program for .avs files.
Incidentally, you can test this quite easily on Windows 7 (don't know about 8, 8.1, 10) by right-clicking on any .avs file and selecting "open with" and then "choose default program". In the popup window that appears, choose any simple text editor such as Notepad, Wordpad, Notepad++, AVSP, etc.
Double-clicking on the .avs file will then open it not as a video, but in the chosen text editor; however, if you load SVP and play a video with a correctly configured MPC-HC player (have not tested any other players, but it should also work the same) SVP will still correctly load its script into the ffdshow avisynth plugin and start smoothing your video.

Unfortunately, I do not know how Windows 10 breaks the processing chain (I do know that Directshow has been deprecated since the Vista days, however, as bad as still using Directshow is, I very much doubt that Microsoft would have just killed off all Directshow processing without so much as a word...), but .avs file associations seem like a very unlikely cause.

It's not the "default program" association that is broken. But if any video player sees a .avs file, how are they supposed to know how to interpret it? Something needs to be configured in the system for them to know that they must look for AviSynth.dll and try to run the .avs file through AviSynth. That part is what's not being ported in the Windows 10 upgrade.

Ah right, I was afraid of that.

Well, maybe the Avisynth Virtual File System can be used as a possible workaround?
From their website: "AVFS is a virtual file system that exposes the output of Avisynth scripts through the file system as a set of virtual media files. This allows Avisynth to feed media applications and converters that do not use the VFW API."

Just re-install AviSynth, period.

http://www.svp-team.com/files/3rd_party … th_258.exe

This doesn't work for me, I either get an OpenCL error or nothing at all depending on the encoding setting.

159 (edited by GossipUpdates 27-04-2017 03:38:19)

Hey, Mystery, i also used a 60fps converter that is pretty convenient that i only convert my ps4 game video to 60fps within just 3 steps. after that i tried convert my video to 24fps and 59 fps and it all succeeded. if you need some help on fps conversion that might be a best tool for you i think so .

GossipUpdates
Software by your link is not produce any new frames for me. No interpolation.
After conversion 24 fps to 60 fps I've got source frames with repeated frames. sad

Does not use my gpu at all. Have 4 fps with h264 very fast. Unusable

162 (edited by AndyDragneel 01-01-2017 14:47:55)

I tried the media encoder but.....when i select the file and then i click "encode" the cmd appear and disappear after 1 sec.....what should i do?

i think that this is the error: LoadPlugin: unable to load "C:Progamfiles ecc ecc LSMASHSource.dll",Module found.
Install missing library?
(C:/NaturalGrounding/Temp/Jobi_Script.avs,line 2)

Does this software support HEVC files? Because the last time I tried, it would always crash when I'd select a file encoded with h265

164 (edited by TayyabKhalid 03-01-2017 13:03:30)

I didn't even know this software existed, can't wait to try it once I get home! ^^

I have some questions though:

1. Does this software disable SVP automatically for videos who have been encoded via the software?
2. Will I be able to change my framerate to 72fps, or is the highest 60fps at this moment?
3. Will I be able to use other video players beside MP-HC, like Potplayer for instance?

1. SVP works for non HFR (High FrameRate) video. It has setting frc.target.max=47 by default. So, SVP will be enabled for videos with framerate <= 47 fps only.
2. The option Increase Frame Rate has 4 values: Double, 30 fps, 60 fps, 120 fps. No 72 fps option. And I don't know how to add custom framerate.
3. Yes. After saving the file to the disk you can use any compatible player. Video player compatibility table

1. As MAG79 said
2. You can get 72fps by editing the script manually and changing the parameters of InterFrame (see InterFrame documentation)
3. Yes.

For LSMASHSource.dll not loading, the only thing I can think of is missing VC++ redistributable; not sure which version is required for this.

For failing to load h265 video, LSMASHSource is failing. As an alternative, you can use the option to convert the video to AVI and it will load just fine.

Can someone ask my question please?

168 (edited by TayyabKhalid 04-01-2017 12:38:01)

Mystery wrote:

1. As MAG79 said
2. You can get 72fps by editing the script manually and changing the parameters of InterFrame (see InterFrame documentation)
3. Yes.

For LSMASHSource.dll not loading, the only thing I can think of is missing VC++ redistributable; not sure which version is required for this.

For failing to load h265 video, LSMASHSource is failing. As an alternative, you can use the option to convert the video to AVI and it will load just fine.

Oh, so I can get 72fps. Could you please give me instruction on how to do so, I don't have a clue, even thouh I did check the interframe documentation.

TayyabKhalid wrote:

Oh, so I can get 72fps. Could you please give me instruction on how to do so, I don't have a clue, even thouh I did check the interframe documentation.

Change NewNum
InterFrame(Cores=8, Tuning="Smooth", NewNum=72, NewDen=1, GPU=true)

AndyDragneel wrote:

I tried the media encoder but.....when i select the file and then i click "encode" the cmd appear and disappear after 1 sec.....what should i do?

i think that this is the error: LoadPlugin: unable to load "C:Progamfiles ecc ecc LSMASHSource.dll",Module found.
Install missing library?

You can try an utility like this to install all VC++ redistributable
http://appnee.com/vc-redist-installer/

170 (edited by Mystery 04-01-2017 15:27:44)

On a side note I'll mention I made a *lot* of improvements to the media encoder (and the overall software) but never finished those changes... not sure when I'll get back into finishing that.

I am however blown away that the software still gets downloaded over 150 times per week!!

In comparison, with my blog and work, I get about 1 subscriber per day.

Mystery wrote:
TayyabKhalid wrote:

Change NewNum

AndyDragneel wrote:

Install missing library?

I tried to find the specific line but couldn't. I have to go in to the directory path of NgP and then encoder, from there open InterFrame2 via notepad, right?

In the Media Encoder window, there is a "Script" tab that allows you to see and customize the auto-generated script. You select your desired settings, then go to the Script tab, then you can fine-tune the script. If you go back to the Settings tab, however, you lose your custom changes.

TayyabKhalid wrote:
Mystery wrote:
TayyabKhalid wrote:

Change NewNum

AndyDragneel wrote:

Install missing library?

I tried to find the specific line but couldn't. I have to go in to the directory path of NgP and then encoder, from there open InterFrame2 via notepad, right?

Ok,i fixed the issue but.....now i have another lol:
pipe:: Invalid data found when processing input...what this means?

uh... it means the AviSynth script is not returning valid data...

If you click "Preview in MPC-HC", is the video loading correctly? If not, what error message do you get?

Mystery wrote:

uh... it means the AviSynth script is not returning valid data...

If you click "Preview in MPC-HC", is the video loading correctly? If not, what error message do you get?

I get this error:  ExecuteShader. Failed to create input texture
(C:/Progromafilesx86/natural ecc/encoder/shaders/shaders.avsi,line 181)
(C:/natural/temp/preview.avs,line19)