Topic: Attempted an unsupported operation

After ther today's update to MPC-HC 32-bit 1.7.10-276, whenever I try to open a video file, all I see is:

http://oi66.tinypic.com/wlrn9u.jpg

I'm using the PRO version. Fix this asap.

Re: Attempted an unsupported operation

This's not our fault cause MPC-HC is a 3rd party application.
You can manually download an older version.

At which point exactly do you see this error message?
What OS are you using?

I updated the app through your manager (it said that new updates were available).

The OS is Windows 10 x64.

4 (edited by sensei 28-12-2016 00:24:00)

I've uninstalled everything, then did a clean installation.

Now it says:

http://oi64.tinypic.com/15fqfci.jpg

AviSynth was installed. There is a file in SVP 4\plugins.

Even if I reinstall AviSynth as it says, it keeps displaying the same prompt.

Try to reinstall Avisynth from official installer.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/avisyn … e/download

6 (edited by Jesco 28-12-2016 08:33:14)

sensei wrote:

I've uninstalled everything, then did a clean installation.

Now it says:

http://oi64.tinypic.com/15fqfci.jpg

AviSynth was installed. There is a file in SVP 4\plugins.

Even if I reinstall AviSynth as it says, it keeps displaying the same prompt.

I had the same issue after I've updated MPC-HC through SVP manager. Also the madvr filter was gone in MPC-HC after update. I fixed it by uninstalling SVP and the other programs that came with it, like: AviSynth, fddshow, MPC-HC. I use Revo Uninstaller for the uninstalls, but that might not be necessary.

After that I've rebooted and started the svp4-online.exe installer and reinstalled. Be sure to not install it using right-click "run as administrator". When I installed svp4-online.exe as administrator it resulted in exactly the same issue, unable to locate Avisynth. I had to uninstall everything again and after a reboot just installed svp4-online.exe

After that my issues were solved. Only downside was that I had to reconfigure all the options in MPC-HC, SVP4 and madvr again.

Seems like updating using the SVP4 manager can cause this sort of issues.

Edit: I use W10 x64 as well.

7 (edited by sensei 28-12-2016 11:31:12)

I'm not running the setup as administrator and the problem still exists.

When I use AviSynth from a different source, as MAG79 suggested, it says that AviSynth can't be recognized.

Waiting for a reply from devs.

8 (edited by Jesco 28-12-2016 11:39:49)

After installation, do you have the following folder, containing the AviSynth files?

C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth

When I re-installed svp4, at first that folder was not created by the installer, and thus the issue was still present. The installer should create that folder as far as I know. After another de-installation and re-installation the folder was created, and my problem fixed.

There is no such a directory.

What SVP's installer does is:

1. if there's no c:\windows\syswow64\avisynth.dll - run the official Avisynth 2.6 installer (the one MAG79 pointed to)
2. overwrite c:\windows\syswow64\avisynth.dll with the SVP 4\plugins\avisynth.dll

Note that SVP's uninstaller won't remove Avisynth installed in p.1.

So if you want "clean" installation you should manually uninstall Avisynth and ensure that there's no avisynth.dll left in syswow64 BEFORE SVP installation.

When I use AviSynth from a different source, as MAG79 suggested, it says that AviSynth can't be recognized

who - "it"? there's no "AviSynth can't be recognized" error message in SVP

If we take a look at the first post - the solution was as simple as download an older MPC-HC build and run it hmm

I deleted the file in c:\windows\syswow64\ and run a fresh installation and now it works perfectly.

Thank you!