Topic: 75 FPS -- Need help

Regarding the FPS of SVP 4 Free, it depends on the refresh rate of the monitor right? I'm currently using a 1280x800 resolution and 60hz refresh rate. I have no problems about it. However, I wanted to try to increase it to 75 FPS by setting it up to 75hz, but the problem is if I do so, there are blurring on the screen, vertically. Very visible on texts. So I cannot use the 75hz on default. That is why I'm sticking to 60hz even my monitor can support the 75hz (I think?) I can't find a turn around.

Question is, if I purchase the SVP 4 Pro and set it up to 75 FPS (or higher), will a 60hz refresh rate setting can support it?

Thanks in advance. smile

Re: 75 FPS -- Need help

do you want 75 fps video on 60 hz screen?
it won't be any better than 60 fps video on 60 hz screen, in fact it'll be much worse

Chainik wrote:

do you want 75 fps video on 60 hz screen?
it won't be any better than 60 fps video on 60 hz screen, in fact it'll be much worse

Yes. I see. I thought it'll work somehow, I guess not. I just hope I can freely change my monitor's refresh rate to 75hz without the blurring. I can't really find a fix for it.

4 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 15-12-2016 22:40:54)

anyone007 wrote:

Yes. I see. I thought it'll work somehow, I guess not. I just hope I can freely change my monitor's refresh rate to 75hz without the blurring. I can't really find a fix for it.

The only situation where 75Hz would be better is if the video frame rate is 25fps or its respective higher framerate equivalents (50fps, 75fps, 100fps).

As an alternative, have you tried 50Hz?  That should look smoother for 25fps videos than 60Hz - more info.

Try the Nvidia/AMD driver patch from Custom Resolution Utility Website. That fixed the blurring for my monitor. From 1080p 60hz I'm now using 72-75hz depending on content i watch.

czerkill wrote:

I'm now using 72-75hz depending on content i watch.

So you never watch 30fps content? tongue

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
czerkill wrote:

I'm now using 72-75hz depending on content i watch.

So you never watch 30fps content? tongue

Nah, majority of anime/movies I watch are 23.976/24fps. Though in the case of a 30fps content, my monitor can't handle 90hz so I'll just drop it back to 60hz