1 (edited by pneumatic 05-12-2016 15:52:22)

Topic: SVPTube 1.2.6 not working with ~50% of videos

Hello

I am getting a success rate of about 50% with SVPTube 1.2.6.     Some videos send to MPC just fine, others SVPTube will just hang in an unresponsive infinite loop using 25% of the CPU (1 core at 100% usage) while doing nothing, not sending the video to MPC, and if I click the tray icon it says "Check your network connection (301) " and sometimes "Retrying..."   Right click -> Exit, does nothing - the program appears to be stuck in whatever loop it's in, and can only be shut down from the Task Manager -> End Process.

MPC does not open at all, so does not appear to be a MPC issue, but maybe something in the youtube API has changed which has broken SVPTube for the time being?

A video which does it every time for me:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XqmSIx0JiI

If someone could try that link please and tell me if it fails for you as well then I know for sure whether it's something on my system.

Thanks again for the SVP suite of software, it's great!

Re: SVPTube 1.2.6 not working with ~50% of videos

Your link works to me (SVPtube 2 + mpv). It is 2h30m duration video. I've checked 720p video stream.
SVPtube 1 has some restrictions.
See more in SVPtube1/2 comparison table.
Perhaps you are facing with one of them.

P.S. SVPtube 2 + MPC has buffering issues. It playing video not entirely. I reopened the the last file (link) several times to get full length in player's timebar. So, I recommend to use mpv.

P.S.2. SVPtube 1.2.6 is not working to me. Your link return error: "Check your connection (301)". I think it is one of restriction of not updated SVPtube 1.2.6 engine.

yep, this one is broken for me as well

if it will require some minor update to fix - we'll do it, otherwise consider switching to SVPtube 2

4 (edited by pneumatic 06-12-2016 09:50:03)

Thanks.

MAG79 wrote:

P.S. SVPtube 2 + MPC has buffering issues. It playing video not entirely. I reopened the the last file (link) several times to get full length in player's timebar. So, I recommend to use mpv.

^ In relation to this, try the latest beta MPC from here https://nightly.mpc-hc.org/   had similar issues in the past.    https://trac.mpc-hc.org/ticket/5803
Would use MPV but doesn't seem to support madvr.

pneumatic
You are right. Thank you for information. smile
I've checked two pairs:
- MPC-HC 1.7.10.269 + SVPtube 2 = works great. Shows full length 2h31m with rewind ability to any point of video.
- MPC-BE 1.5.0 (build 2235) + SVPtube 2 = works great. Shows full length 2h31m with rewind ability to any point of video.

I used x86 versions of players. So. One can use these players too. wink

6 (edited by Anim8 06-12-2016 14:43:55)

pneumatic wrote:

What do you want from madvr that stopping you from using MPV?
MPV can do a fair bit of what madvr does already.

ok, found the error, will fix it tomorrow

> maybe something in the youtube API has changed which has broken SVPTube for the time being?

indeed

fixed in ver. 1.2.7

Anim8 wrote:
pneumatic wrote:

I like the highly customisable scaling algorithms and edge enhancement where I can dial in just the right amount of sharpness and de-ringing filters to get the image just popping nicely without enhancing compression artefacts too much.   It's a delicate balance.   My only complaint is that it doesnt support gsync in windowed mode so I will give MPV a try and maybe some others too.

Thanks again

10 (edited by Anim8 12-12-2016 15:33:05)

pneumatic wrote:
Anim8 wrote:
pneumatic wrote:

I like the highly customisable scaling algorithms and edge enhancement where I can dial in just the right amount of sharpness and de-ringing filters to get the image just popping nicely without enhancing compression artefacts too much.   It's a delicate balance.   My only complaint is that it doesnt support gsync in windowed mode so I will give MPV a try and maybe some others too.

Thanks again

Based on that, you could use something like this in your MPV config file:

# Scaling #
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossoft
dscale=mitchell
scale-antiring=0.7
cscale-antiring=0.7
dither-depth=auto
correct-downscaling=yes
sigmoid-upscaling=yes
deband=yes

# Sharpen  # Only really need to use one of these
opengl-shaders="~~/shaders/adaptive-sharpen.glsl"              # user-script for adaptive sharpen / edge sharpen
sharpen=0.4

Full list of options can be found here: https://mpv.io/manual/master/#opengl-renderer-options
It can be a bit overwhelming at first but its fairly configurable and the fact that your already familiar with madvr should make it a lot easier for you to work out exactly what scaling options you want.