Topic: Performance issues at 4k

I have a h264 source with dxva hw decoding a phenom 2 1090t and a gtx 1060 6gb. I can not use svp even at lowest settings due to very low fps, altho neither cpu nor gpu are fully utilized

http://i.imgur.com/Ag3NRAL.jpg?1

Re: Performance issues at 4k

benediktjung
Try to increase threads number.
SVP tray menu - Application settings - Additional options - Processing threads.
Start from 11 and go up. More threads eat more memory. So you need to find minimum worked value to get balanced solution.

Does not help.

With dxva hw encoding enabled mpc hc keeps crashing all the time, very unstable and basically unusable.

With sw decoding enable it only does motion interpolation on the highest quality setting ( with a 99%) cpu usage and super low fps. On lower settings it simply repeats every frame without doing any interpolation on them

4 (edited by Anim8 12-12-2016 11:15:50)

benediktjung wrote:

Does not help.

With dxva hw encoding enabled mpc hc keeps crashing all the time, very unstable and basically unusable

Try use dxva (copy-back), rather than native.

It's unclear from your screenshots what player do you use.
For example MPC-HC 64-bit + Avisynth+ may not work in 4k at all.
In fact the only combination working fluently with my FX-8350 + gtx 750 is 32-bit MPC-HC.
Both mpv and mpc-hc 64-bit give very strange results.

Chainik wrote:

It's unclear from your screenshots what player do you use.
For example MPC-HC 64-bit + Avisynth+ may not work in 4k at all.
In fact the only combination working fluently with my FX-8350 + gtx 750 is 32-bit MPC-HC.
Both mpv and mpc-hc 64-bit give very strange results.

I went to 64 bit mpc hc after i got the strange results in mpc hc 32 bit with 32 bit ffdshow. I disabled madvr to save processing power and used enhanced video renderer aka system standard. The 1090t was at 3.8 ghz. In theory the 1090t is still slower than the 8350, so maybe the cpu is simply bottlenecking too hard. Changing threads does nothing.