1 (edited by msnbcorp 09-12-2016 10:53:51)

Topic: Something broken in my config (SVP + MPC-HC + MadVR)

Hi everyone,

I am using SVP in a classical config : MPC-HC + SVP + MADVr and all was working fine until i changed "something" in one of the folowing :
MPC-HC / MadVR / ffdshow

Now, the logo of SVP at the begenning or when i change configuration during a video don't appear.
But i don't really know if SVP is working or not ...

From the point of view of SVP, it's working i mean, the tray icon say this is OK. But MadVR don't tell anything about SVP when i hit the ctrl-J shortcut and show the stats of the current running video. I remember that madVR say something about SVP when all was working in the first place sooooo ....

Furthermore : it is really difficult to know if it's working with madVR beacause in the stats there is only 3 FPS given :
The screen (not very usefull)
The image coming to the screen with madVR (always near 60Hz SVP or not SVP) .
The source FPS (of the vids soooo ... before SVP).

Unlike EVR renderer which is giving the FPS rendered at the intermediate stage and so show a difference without or with SVP.

Well, as i don't really understand where SVP processing take place (at the last stage ? Before MadVR ? Change the image given by ffdshow to madvr ? etc....) i have made some test :

- Without MadVR : Logo doesn't show.
- With MadVR : again.

This two seems to tell that the renderer is not the issue.

- Without MadVR : EVR tell that the FPS change when i activate/deactivate SVP
- With MadVR : no change

But as i said before : i don't know if it's a specificity of the FPS category shown by MadVR and EVR or if it's a problem with MadVR.

- With or Without MadVR : The light effect on black bands (with 4/3 video for example) are OK.

This test seems to tell that SVP is running but as the logos don't show-up it seems at least "something" is not running.

Last test : i record all the info of filter in/out

LAV splitter : in : video (info of the vids, 24fps)
out : idem

LAV decoder video : (in : same as out of splitter) out : YUV12, 24FPS

ffdshow raw video decoder : in : YUV12 24FPS out : NV12 24FPS

------ On this last one : i have tried several color space for the output, it doesn't change anything on the problem ... --------
------ I notice here that if the normal behaviour of SVP is to change the output of ffdshow, it's not the case here. As the FPS info says ------

MadVR (in : same as output of ffshow) out : the cryptic stats info ...

Usefull information of classical sources of error (but it's not the cas here )

- LAV deinterlace at 24FPS, not 60. The video tested is not interlaced.
- MadVR smooth interpolation is off
- LAV video is set to CUVID.

Well, to resume : i think something has changed on the config but i don't succeed to understand what ...
Furthermore, i had no time to perform "feeling" test to know if SVP is running or not, so i post here if someone have a clue ...

Also, i am very interesting to understand where SVP process work. My first guess was that i thank SVP process just use ffdshow in output with the avisynth script and LAV (DXV2-copy back or CUVID) as the GPU input... but i think i miserderstood something here ...

Regards wink

2 (edited by Anim8 09-12-2016 12:02:10)

Re: Something broken in my config (SVP + MPC-HC + MadVR)

Using EVR or madVR doesn't matter too much in terms of SVP working.
Make sure SVP is set on, to do frame rate conversion.

The main thing is to have ffdshow raw ticked under external filters and set to prefer.
http://i.imgur.com/uD45FMW.png

You can see SVP working on the main GUI window, with more information about playback on the Performance monitor Tab.
http://i.imgur.com/IYi4hvD.png
SVP will show "No active playback" otherwise.

3 (edited by msnbcorp 09-12-2016 13:43:08)

Ok thanks for the info.
I have the ffdshow raw filter checked. This is not the problem here (ffdshow work)

Even if SVP say it's working (and that's the case). How i am sure the video displayed is the SVP version of the vidz ... it's that point my problem.

Here i'm not sure that due to a bad manip the version use for rendering is just the 24fps version. It seems that it's the case since i did this bad unknown manipulation ...
The only way i were sure that SVP is working was that the logo of SFP with some info says that it's working when i launch SVP. Now, as the logo doesn't appear anymore ... i'm not sure at all ...

You can change my question to a simple one if you want tongue : How to make the informative logo at the beginning appear again on my vidéo ?

Here my problem is that the renderer (MadVR) seems to see the 24fps vidz. (it say so)
But according to this image :

https://www.svp-team.com/w/images/thumb/2/24/Svp-how-it-works-en.png/800px-Svp-how-it-works-en.png

It shouldnt be the case. According to this image : ffshow should send a 60fps on the output. It's not the case. Even if the avisynt script seems to work ...

So as i said : i think "something" is broken ... but i don't really know what sad

4 (edited by Anim8 09-12-2016 16:36:18)

msnbcorp wrote:

You can change my question to a simple one if you want tongue : How to make the informative logo at the beginning appear again on my vidéo ?

http://i.imgur.com/K9LGCZ7.png

Or

Goto settings > All settings > Main > osd > on > true
(set to false to turn the logo off at start of video)
http://i.imgur.com/sNx9DHs.png

msnbcorp wrote:

Here my problem is that the renderer (MadVR) seems to see the 24fps vidz. (it say so)

It will display the source FPS, regardless of the extra frames generated from SVP.
The video file/filter specifies "24fps" in other words.

madvr showing the source fps(24fps) on its osd(ctrl+j) is correct.