asdasdasdasdadsads

Re: [deleted]

http://www.spirton.com/convert-videos-to-60fps/

See links in thread Preprocessing

4 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:57:39)

sadasdasdasd

5 (edited by dlr5668 18-10-2016 11:44:25)

Alex wrote:

But just to confirm - this will do frame interlopation like SVP does, correct? Not like just putting a file in my video editor and re-rendering it at 60fps instead of the source 23.9, right? Because that doesn't really change anything. Also, does it allow me to configure the artifacts masking etc before producing? Just wanting to make sure we're on the same page.

Thanks.

StaxRip will convert video in 3 clicks (first link). Copy svp settings from %appdata%\SVP4\scripts

6 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:57:32)

asdasdasdassd

7 (edited by dlr5668 18-10-2016 12:34:37)

I converted more than 1000 videos big_smile Its best method to convert videos.

My settings:

crop_string  = ""
resize_string = ""
super_params     = "{pel:1,scale:{up:0},gpu:1,full:false,rc:true}"
analyse_params   = "{block:{w:32},main:{search:{coarse:{distance:-12,bad:{sad:2000}},type:2,distance:-8},levels:3},refine:[{search:{distance:-6}},{search:{distance:-4}}]}"
smoothfps_params = "{gpuid:11,rate:{num:3,den:1},algo:23,mask:{cover:80},scene:{}}"

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-unaMrwf2me8/WAYW2jANRpI/AAAAAAAALk4/2PPUZdXHlgw/s0/SVPManager_2016-10-18_15-34-32.png
definitely worth it

8 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:57:25)

asdasdasdasdas

https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Plugins:_SVPflow

10 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:57:19)

asdasdasdasd

11 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:57:15)

sadasdasdasd

12 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:57:09)

asdasdassd

13 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:57:03)

asdasasdasd

14 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 19-10-2016 06:18:45)

Avidemux (the video editor what I use) should support Huffyuv as it even includes support for encoding to it...

15 (edited by brucethemoose 19-10-2016 08:52:42)

It could be better, but it's really not that bad now

* download staxrip

* open video in vapoursynth staxrip

* set audio to "mux only"

* Right click SVP -> information -> additional information -> generate last used AVS script.

* Copy it. Right click source in Staxrip, and paste it in there.

* Set your encoding settings (I recommend the AMD/Nvidia h.264 encoders if you're looking for speedy encoding, or CPU VP9 if you want the smallest possible file size optimized for YouTube)

* Click next, wait, and it's done!

If you're really selling this as a serious product you might wanna try streamlining and presetting it as much as possible so that regular technologically-inept Joe Blows can get everything set-up with just a download and install - coming with a pre-configured player and everything.

+1, but for video playback I'm thinking that's what MPV will eventually be. Just install SVP, click MPV, and it should play dang near anything pretty well without any extra clicking or installing.

MPV just needs a GUI better than SMPlayer (which is hopefully coming soon with MPC-QT).

For video conversion, that isn't really practical because of the WIDELY varying encoding settings. Sure you could have 1 click, but the results would be less than optimal for the majority of the population, and I don't think the devs want to re-invent StaxRip.

EDIT: Maybe they could bundle StaxRip + a default SVP template in the installer? That would work.

16 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 19-10-2016 20:07:24)

brucethemoose wrote:

CPU VP9 if you want the smallest possible file size optimized for YouTube

Even if you encoded in VP9 YouTube will still re-encode it for their VP9 formats.

17 (edited by brucethemoose 19-10-2016 20:55:34)

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
brucethemoose wrote:

CPU VP9 if you want the smallest possible file size optimized for YouTube

Even if you encoded in VP9 YouTube will still re-encode it for their VP9 formats.

Dang.

So (slightly off topic) whats the best way to upload for a given file size? H.265?

18 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 19-10-2016 21:01:13)

brucethemoose wrote:

So (slightly off topic) whats the best way to upload for a given file size? H.265?

x265 specifically; using other encoders actually give quality worse than libvpx (at least they did a year ago).

However, video is always evolving, so in a year from now this could all change when you factor in the Eve VP9 encoder and the AV1 codec.

19 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:56:56)

asdasadadsdas

20 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:56:48)

asdasdasdadas

21 (edited by brucethemoose 21-10-2016 15:04:45)

Alex wrote:

Oh and Bruce, forgot to mention but my computer is too old and doesn't support any GPU H.264 encoding. I really need a new computer.

My GPU is really too old and low-grade (560M) to be any use at all. It doesn't help at all in encoding and Team Fortress 2 is about the most resource-heavy game it can play, hahaha. That's why I keep saying that I probably just need to upgrade system - the software you guys sent me probably doesn't work on my computer just because the hardware is just too damn old and unsupported. The only reason the system is bearable is because the CPU is so impressive for it's age - it was bleeding edge at the time of being bought and is heavily overclocked. I'm honestly impressed it's lasted this long when the GPU already had to be replaced once - Intel must do a good job of quality control, or maybe the Sandy Bridge chips were especially stable or something.

I used to have a 580M in this but it died 2 years ago and when I called the manufacturer they said it's not made anymore and they only had 560M in stock and that I was lucky because they're almost out and the computer isn't compatible with anything else. If any more hardware on this dies I'm basically out of luck on repairing it because it's all too old.

It's either that or the Windows 10. Or both. It's an odd combination to have the latest OS on such an old machine I suppose. Could cause some confusion in software I guess. Windows 7 was still new and shiny when I got this thing, just to give you an idea.

I run a llano APU (that's AMD 5xxx/Nvidia 5xx-era graphics, just like your cards + an even older CPU core) on Windows 10, and StaxRip works just fine. Even fancy OpenCL vapoursynth filters work without much hassle.

22 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 21-10-2016 20:24:44)

I'd just like to clarify a couple things.

1. Hardware makers (Intel, AMD, Nvidia, ARM) are already AoMedia members; if anything hardware is being designed for AV1 in tandum with the codec spec.

2. Contrary to popular belief you don't need hardware decoding; YouTube has been defaulting to VP9 on PCs not using WinXP for over two years now but hardware VP9 decoding as really only existed for a bit over a year or so.

3. Sandy Bridge had the highest jump in performance over the previous generation since the Core 2 Duo, so a lot of people are still running them without any CPU bottleneck (especially overclocked ones) outside of CPU-bound tasks.

23 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:56:11)

asdasdasass

24 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 22-10-2016 01:43:55)

Alex wrote:

I know hardware decoding isn't possible with this GPU - it doesn't support ShadowPlay much for the same reasons - only 6xx and onward had HW-Accelerated H.264.

Wait wait wait, decoding, not encoding?

My NVS 3100M (essentially the Quadro version of the 210M) supports hardware h.264 decoding via DXVA2 just fine (tested via the LAVfilters built into MPC-HC).

Are you sure it's not just something borky with your drivers?  Have you tried completely uninstalling the drivers via Display Driver Uninstaller and then re-installing your drivers?

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
Alex wrote:

I know hardware decoding isn't possible with this GPU - it doesn't support ShadowPlay much for the same reasons - only 6xx and onward had HW-Accelerated H.264.

Wait wait wait, decoding, not encoding?

My NVS 3100M (essentially the Quadro version of the 210M) supports hardware h.264 decoding via DXVA2 just fine (tested via the LAVfilters built into MPC-HC).

Are you sure it's not just something borky with your drivers?  Have you tried completely uninstalling the drivers via Display Driver Uninstaller and then re-installing your drivers?

I think Alex meant to say encoding, which is indeed a new thing.