Topic: Trying to get mvp working with SVP; Can't get autospeedwin working!

Greetings,
I have finally decided to try out an 64bit based media player and I am using the mvp provided by svp manager along with vapoursynth. I have got mvp's reclock functionality and svp working but I cannot for the love of god get the plugin autospeedwin working. It's use is changing the monitor's refresh rate to a suitable multiple depending on the video's fps for example changing to 120hz for a 29.970 or 30 fps video, 100hz for 50fps video etc.
Here is what my mpv.conf looks like

# Video settings
vo=opengl-hq
profile=opengl-hq
opengl-pbo
backend=angle
opengl-backend=angle
interpolation
tscale=mitchell
tscale-clamp
temporal-dither
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossoft
hwdec=d3d11va-copy
video-sync=display-resample
video-sync-max-video-change=5
autosync=30
script-opts=autospeed-nircmd=true,autospeed-speed=false,autospeed-nircmdc="C:\Portable Applications\nircmd-x64\nircmdc.exe",autospeed-osd=true,autospeed-osdtime=10,autospeed-osdkey=y,autospeed-dwidth=1920,autospeed-dheight=1080,autospeed-bdepth=32,autospeed-rates="100,120,144",autospeed-exitrate=144

# SVP
input-ipc-server=mpvpipe

# Using superxbr instead of nnedi3, reducing a lot of GPU workload.
prescale=superxbr
prescale-passes=2
blend-subtitles=yes
3dlut-size=256x256x256
target-prim=bt.709
target-trc=bt.1886
gamma-auto
icc-profile-auto

# Reduce default OSD size, the defaults are too big.
osd-font-size=14

# Other
ao=wasapi
slang=enUS,en,eng,ptBR,pt
alang=jp,jpn,enUS,en,eng,ptBR,pt
save-position-on-quit=yes
log-file=mpv.log

mpv.conf is located at C:\Users\HomeUser\AppData\Roaming\mpv\
2 scripts (autospeedwin.lua and stats.lua) are in C:\Users\HomeUser\AppData\Roaming\mpv\scripts\
nircmd is in C:\Portable Applications\nircmd\ and nircmd-64 in C:\Portable Applications\nircmd-x64\ (tried both)

Logging isnt working either for some reason.

PC is Windows 10 i5-6600k@4.4GHz, RX-480 8GB, 16GB DDR4 RAM@3200MHz

Can anyone help me out please?

2 (edited by dlr5668 14-09-2016 23:14:53)

Re: Trying to get mvp working with SVP; Can't get autospeedwin working!

copy paste my config and test (u can use original svp mpv probably)
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code … 1Ndkw5GMCk
works fine for me 71 Hz (24*3 + mpv reclock), 60 Hz, 50 Hz

and settings here:

# Video settings
opengl-pbo
profile=opengl-hq
opengl-backend=dxinterop
interpolation
tscale=mitchell
tscale-clamp
temporal-dither
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossoft
hwdec=d3d11va-copy
video-sync=display-resample
video-sync-max-video-change=10

# SVP
input-ipc-server=mpvpipe

# Other
ao=wasapi
slang=enUS,en,eng,ptBR,pt
alang=jp,jpn,enUS,en,eng,ptBR,pt
save-position-on-quit=yes
autosync=30
script-opts=autospeed-nircmd=true,autospeed-speed=false,autospeed-nircmdc="C:\Users\vadas\AppData\Roaming\mpv\nircmdc.exe",autospeed-rates="50,60,71",autospeed-osd=true
log-file="C:\tmp\mpv.log"

dlr5668 wrote:

copy paste my config and test (u can use original svp mpv)
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code … 1Ndkw5GMCk
works fine for me 71 Hz (24*3 + mpv reclock), 60 Hz, 50 Hz

Not working for me, monitor refresh rate isn't changing (i did edit the nircmd path in your config to my mpv path after putting nircmd in there)

It never worked for me. I now just use nircmc.exe to manually change my monitor refresh rate. It is not optimal, but it works

5 (edited by Quantum 15-09-2016 10:17:05)

Ok, I figured out what was going on.
dlr5668's autospeedwin.lua was different and that would work. Looking at the source code I found that the script had recently been updated and changed "fps" property name to "container-fps" which only works with a recent mpv version, not the version provided with svp. So for now one can use dlr5668's autospeedwin.lua or this one https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4j7W7 … sp=sharing which is the latest official modified back to the old property names. Or modify the latest yourself.

Also found out that 144hz is not coded in the script
Can anyone figure how to add it?

6 (edited by dlr5668 15-09-2016 12:17:10)

Quantum wrote:

Ok, I figured out what was going on.
dlr5668's autospeedwin.lua was different and that would work. Looking at the source code I found that the script had recently been updated and changed "fps" property name to "container-fps" which only works with a recent mpv version, not the version provided with svp. So for now one can use dlr5668's autospeedwin.lua or this one https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4j7W7 … sp=sharing which is the latest official modified back to the old property names. Or modify the latest yourself.

Also found out that 144hz is not coded in the script
Can anyone figure how to add it?

replace
"50,60,71"
to
"50,60,72,144"
it should work

dejavecue wrote:

It never worked for me. I now just use nircmc.exe to manually change my monitor refresh rate. It is not optimal, but it works

I use HRC for that same reason, it's very comfortable because you can set shortcuts like Ctrl+Shift+7 for 72Hz, pick yours. Also can change refresh with mouse clicks only if like to (tray icon).

8 (edited by Quantum 15-09-2016 14:56:15)

dlr5668 wrote:

replace
"50,60,71"
to
"50,60,72,144"
it should work

I replaced "50,60,71" to "100,120,144" but it changes to 120Hz for 23.976/24fps videos whereas I want it to remain at 144Hz for that

You need to get x6 here

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lqGFuob3VgY/V9q-Y07VrUI/AAAAAAAAK-U/jns0Zr2ENBo/s0/chrome_2016-09-15_18-29-39.png

I dont really know how to do it. Mabe someone else will help.

Are you sure? That's svp's interpolation and I have it set to screen. I think the issue is autospeedwin. I can interpolate 23.976fps video to 144fps at 144hz fine in mpc-be/madvr/reclock

svp check video fps -> interpolates to desire fps (144 in that case)> autospeed check video fps and switch it to 144 fps

dlr5668 wrote:

svp check video fps -> interpolates to desire fps (144 in that case)> autospeed check video fps and switch it to 144 fps

If i disable the autospeedwin and desktop is at 144hz svp just interpolates to 144 and everything is fine. the issue is the addon prefering 120hz for 23.976/24 fps video, at which point svp recalculates interpolation to 120 fps. I can see it on the OSD, where the moment the video opens svp reports 144fps then immediately the screen goes 120hz by the addon and then a second later svp's osd comes up again and says 120fps

You know, the difference between interpolating 24fps to 120Hz and 144Hz really is quite minor.

There's also the part where anything about 4x is quite a bit more GPU-intensive, so even 96Hz wouldn't be blasphemous...