Topic: SVP4 Online Installer can't download

Hi,
I recently reinstalled windows in my machine and tried to reinstall SVP 4 through the svp4-online tool (paid).
I select the components and the download starts but hangs at ~13% while downloading Qt components or other stuff. After some minutes the installer offers to retry connection. When I retry connection it downloads for a couple of settings and the download speed goes back to 0. I can't get past 13%, I tried retry many times but the download just stops.

Re: SVP4 Online Installer can't download

probably just a temporary hiccups...
from our perspective the server is working just fine

3 (edited by James D 02-09-2016 06:03:58)

Just out of curiosity, is it Windows 10? I heared Win10 had some strange cripples with Internet bandwidth for example.

4 (edited by zareliman 01-09-2016 21:20:58)

It is windows 10. The strange thing is that I had installed SVP 4 before in windows 10 without issues.
I've been trying to install in this setup since yesterday but it stalls in the 1779content.7z for Avisynth+ at 13.17MiB most of the time. The other stall is for the file 5.6.1content.7z at 12.67 MiB.
Doesn't seem like bandwidth to me, because it goes from max speed to 0 once the problem files reach the reported size (about 13MiB).
Also everything else works in this machine and connection.

I've just uninstall SVP4, restart windows 10 and install SVP4 PRO again. Successfully to me. No stops at downloading steps.
Try to use another way to internet connection. Maybe it is internet provider issue with data cache. Then it may be fixed itself in few days. Just try again.

OK, we've added an offline installer for the SVP 4 Pro.
Find the download link in the License Manager.

Chainik wrote:

OK, we've added an offline installer for the SVP 4 Pro.
Find the download link in the License Manager.

Well that was efficient, I'm glad I purchased SVP 4.

8 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 02-09-2016 18:42:06)

Speaking of offline, would it be possible to have a "never remind me" button/checkbox on the "activate your license" window that pops up?  If you're offline when you install SVP Pro, it'll keep nagging you to register on every single fresh boot of Windows until you're able to get online.

nope, cause you can't activate Pro w/o Internet access

besides this's not a truly offline installer, but an online one containing some (well, all of them big_smile, but we might reconsider) of the packages

10 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 02-09-2016 20:40:29)

Chainik wrote:

nope, cause you can't activate Pro w/o Internet access

I'm not expecting to be able to use Pro without first having internet access, I'm just referring to the activation pop-up.

Ideally, after selecting "don't ask me again", on future boot-ups it won't nag you about activating but the SVP tray icon would still be present; however in this case the tray icon is nothing but a way for the user to bring up the Pro activation window.

Also, directly after clicking the aforementioned "don't ask me again" button, it would make sense to show another popup stating that you can bring up the activation window at any time by simply clicking the SVP tray icon.

I really don't get why you ever want to have un-activated SVP in the autostart hmm

Chainik wrote:

I really don't get why you ever want to have un-activated SVP in the autostart hmm

Maybe he already activated program (filled email and key) but for some reason it still asks for activation next boot?

this isn't how it's supposed to work, obviously

14 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 02-09-2016 21:11:14)

Chainik wrote:

After running the offline uninstaller, doesn't SVP (and therefore the activation popup) autostart with Windows?

> After running the offline uninstaller, doesn't SVP (and therefore the activation popup) autostart with Windows?

Hmm.. does it?

"offline" means that the installer won't download some of the packages but will take them from the "local storage" instead
this is the only difference

16 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 02-09-2016 22:36:03)

Chainik wrote:

Hmm.. does it?

I'm going to find out soon enough since I'm reinstalling the OS on my HTPC.

Chainik wrote:

"offline" means that the installer won't download some of the packages but will take them from the "local storage" instead
this is the only difference

Which thereby means you do not need an internet connection to just install the application, no?  Therefore it seems reasonable to assume that the user may very well not have an internet connection readily available right after installation and therefore can't activate the program.

This means that the user may very well be greeted by the "Activate SVP" window quite a lot until they can have an active internet connection.

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:

This means that the user may very well be greeted by the "Activate SVP" window quite a lot until they can have an active internet connection.

I doubt you can use SVP Pro unless activated, this is why I suggested that it shows notifications after already being activated, but that is just speculation.

18 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 03-09-2016 03:56:28)

James D wrote:

I doubt you can use SVP Pro unless activated

I'm not implying that you can.

19 (edited by James D 03-09-2016 04:33:22)

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:
James D wrote:

I doubt you can use SVP Pro unless activated

I'm not implying that you can.

Are you implying that unactivated first time launched SVP Pro already registeres itself to autorun then? Because I'm not sure about that either.
Sure it can be, I just aren't sure and don't want to test it.

James D wrote:

Are you implying that unactivated first time launched SVP Pro already registeres itself to autorun then? Because I'm not sure about that either.
Sure it can be, I just aren't sure and don't want to test it.

That is what I'm suggesting.  I also could be wrong, but from my own memory I thought that it did.  As I said, I'll find out soon enough as I've re-installed the OS on my HTPC so I'll be re-installing SVP via the new offline installer.

21 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 03-09-2016 08:03:23)

Ok now I feel dumb - sure enough, after running the offline installer and then rebooting Windows, the "Activate SVP" window does not pop up.

I'm probably just remembering the silly situation I had a year or so ago where SVP de-activated itself if you change certain BIOS settings and/or connect different hard drives and stuff.