Topic: Audio Delay with SVP4 Pro

Good afternoon.

I have been using SVP4 Pro for a long time (almost one and a half year) and I find this program fantastic. However I have been running into this annoying problem whenever I load a video. Everytime I load a video while SVP is on, the video starts, then pauses for one or two seconds and after that there is a message in the bottom left corner saying "SVP playing at 59.940" and the name of the profile I am currently using. During this little break the video stops but the audio continues playing causing a desync between the two.

The simple solution I have found was to simply restart the video without closing mpc-hc. That way the video would start again without showing the "SVP playing at..." message since it was already playing the video. However doing this every time I load a movie or episode is starting to annoy me a little too much.

If you want my pc's specs here they are but I doubt they are important since the videos run smoothly without frame drops:

Windows 8.1 64.bit
Intel Core I5-4210U 2.7Ghz max
Nvidia Geforce 840M 2gb Vram
6 GB RAM

Thank you for the attention and have a good day smile

Re: Audio Delay with SVP4 Pro

You could always disable the on-screen display for SVP in the program's options.

this's definitely NOT caused by OSD

Had similar issues on occasion with SVP 3.1.7, forced me to disable D3D fullscreen and avoid rewind/fast forward.

Turned off OSD to start testing and immediately noticed that the "hang" that occurs when SVP first starts processing the video is greatly reduced, FWIW.

OSD in SVP 3 uses ffdShow core to display and more intensively uses CPU.
OSD in SVP 4 uses internal SVP engine. CPU load is less compare to OSD in SVP 3.

So influence of OSD can be different because of it is different OSD engines.

andreguil.ruano
Are you using ReClock?

On a similar note, it seems like seeking alot in mpv with SVP on creates a delay as well. I remember having a similar problem with MPC + ReClock + MadVR when I last used it too.

I'll post again if I find a reliable way to trigger it.

Thank you all for the answers.
Well I do use Reclock but this problem happens even if it is disabled.
I disabled OSD as you all asked and I noticed the desync has reduced greatly but it still has a little difference. I can live with it but it would be nice to completely remove it.
VB_SVP said something about disabling d3d fullscreen but that option is locked in MPC-HC since I am using Haali's video renderer.

PS: I also noticed something that I forgot to mention (not quite sure it has anything to do with it so maybe I will start another topic later). If I am watching some video and then change the video to some other instance (Example: I am watching a movie and there is a fight and then I rewind the whole movie back to the beginning) the sound is well synced but for some seconds I see frames from the place where I left of (in this case I rewind and for some seconds I see frames of the fight). After that it goes back to normal. Also quite annoying.

9 (edited by dlr5668 25-08-2016 16:26:42)

andreguil.ruano wrote:

Thank you all for the answers.
Well I do use Reclock but this problem happens even if it is disabled.

Well with mpv audio is perfectly synced. No need for reclock too. Check mpv thread for more information.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-t61zt8BLPf8/V78b8gkx8FI/AAAAAAAAKyk/tirFgw4Ib64/s0/chrome_2016-08-25_19-25-19.png

10 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 25-08-2016 18:39:17)

andreguil.ruano wrote:

I am using Haali's video renderer.

Well then try using "Enhanced video renderer (custom presenter)" instead.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Haali's isn't needed anymore seeing how its big rewrite was back in late 2004 when the likes of EVR and madVR didn't exist.

For me, I'd get SVP audio desync when I'd seek in the video and, sometimes, when SVP would first "kick in" and the OSD would appear, when I had D3D Fullscreen enabled.

I also have ReClock installed but I don't use it.

I don't know what causes it, I try various things and it goes away for a while.  Disabling D3D Fullscreen always eliminates the desync for me but it makes the video appear slightly less smooth.

Thank you all for your support.
Well, I came to the conclusion that all my problems (the desync and the problem with showing frames pre-seeking) were all solved when I changed from haali to evr.

I wish you all a good week and again, thank you for being so helpful.