1 (edited by Fanty1972 11-02-2014 02:43:28)

Topic: Android Version?

Hi there!

I just got me a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (my first ever smartphone).

Since I am totaly used to HFR Video, "normal" Video looks totaly crappy to my eyes meanwhile.
I converted some videos and watched it on the smartphone in Full HD, 60FPS.... works very nice.

But converting consumes huge amounts of time. (About 1.5 times the lengh of the converted movie for me)

I wonder if there is a way for motioninerpolation on smartphones? Yeah I know, we can be happy that it works for Laptops.  big_smile But I still wonder.

Re: Android Version?

Streaming using DLNA server from the PC

Hmm, thanks for pointing me to that possibility.
Could be interesting for some things.

Though its still rather limited. If I stream video from my home PC to the SP, I should be in reach of a WLAN connection. (my mobile contract has a traffic limit of 1GB/month with 7,5Mbit, after that slowed to 64kbit). Best would be, beeing at home with my local WLAN. But if I am at home, why would I stream video to a smartphone? Well, except if its say, something short from Youtube and I am on the WC.  big_smile

MediaTek MT6592, MT6595

MediaTek ClearMotion™ technology eliminates motion jitter and ensures smooth video playback at 60fps on mobile devices

still no one knows what this thing is really about  big_smile

Hi just wanted to ask, is there a version of SVP that supports android yet?

I’ve read that since nvidia made it to the platform the nvidia tegra processor packs quite the punch, so any possibility of seeing SVP ported/optimized for it?

Do get back to me

I'm interested in this. Cause i have a shield tablet with a kickass gpu and with it's gpu  the acceleration could probably reach 48 or even 60 fps.

7 (edited by brucethemoose 03-08-2016 18:36:26)

Duckers wrote:

I'm interested in this. Cause i have a shield tablet with a kickass gpu and with it's gpu  the acceleration could probably reach 48 or even 60 fps.

Not yet. We would need an Android video player with vapoursynth support, and then the devs would need to put in a lot of work for Android hardware and UI.

Even then, without a dedicated hardware block (like in TVs or the clearmotion thing mentioned above), svp would eat battery like the most intense 3D tablet games you can find.

If you watch videos plugged in, then you're probably somewhere where streaming from a server is a better idea anyway.