Topic: Even tiny machines can use SVP!

Hello,

I just wanted to share my experience with SVP and my SURFACE PRO 3 i3-4020Y model (Intel® HD Graphics 4200).

1) First of all you have to install SVP (of course ^^) and buy a usb fan (I have an Arctic one which is not noisy at all). The fan is fundamental to allow the system to run at the maximum power without throttling. With the external fan temperatures with the system under stress never ever go above 70° C.

2) Disable all that power savings crap in Intel control panel in order to achieve the maximum visual quality possible.

3) Play movies at 1440@48Hz, not only it is a resolution natively supported by the panel but it also helps with artifacts since you're doubling the framerate.

4) Inside Intel control panel adjust video settings to your liking (I only add a bit of sharpness).

5) In MadVR set the scaling to "DXVA2" (it's visually similar to Lanczos3 AR). Disable gamma processing. Se dithering to "ordered". Let MadVR to detect hard coded bars. Use Direct 3D 11 for presentation. In "trade quality for performance" check the first three options and then the two options of the buffer: choose 10 instead of 16.

6) In LAV Video choose DXVA2 (copy-back) as HD;

7) In Reclock use FastSincInterpolation;

8) Set SVP as shown in the attached file. With these settings CPU never goes up 70% of use and I can play an entire original ripped blu-ray movie with zero frame drops (except at the very beginning).

9) You may want to use the Surface plugged because running at full power the battery won't last long ^^

Now I can enjoy SVP even when I am not at home ^^

Cheers smile

Post's attachments

SVP Settings.PNG, 136.13 kb, 644 x 755
SVP Settings.PNG 136.13 kb, 430 downloads since 2016-07-31 

2 (edited by AndreaMG 31-07-2016 12:18:52)

Re: Even tiny machines can use SVP!

And here's my baby X)

Post's attachments

Surface.jpg, 50.79 kb, 640 x 360
Surface.jpg 50.79 kb, 461 downloads since 2016-07-31 

> The fan is fundamental to allow the system to run at the maximum power without throttling.

this's cool! big_smile

4 (edited by AndreaMG 31-07-2016 12:26:21)

Hi Chainik, thank you! Without the fan it would't be possible besides when it's hot it is refreshing too big_smile You may want to give it a try on your Surface big_smile ciao

By the way, in case you're wandering, the film playing in the picture is "Insurgent" big_smile

> You may want to give it a try on your Surface

I've thrown it away already big_smile

You forgot to mention the most important part about using 48Hz - x2 interpolation has better performance!

Also, from my experience EVR CP + D3D Fullscreen is the lightest in terms of performance load, especially if you use the bilinear (non-PS 2.0) resizer (though even bicubic doesn't take that much assuming your PC was made in the last 7 years).