Topic: What MPV configs should I use now?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge here, but I'm just now investigating the new ANGLE thing in MPV... what arguments should I be using with SVP's MPV?

This is what I've used in the past:

--input-ipc-server=mpvpipe --vo=opengl-hq:scale=ewa_lanczossharp:interpolation:tscale=catmull_rom:tscale-clamp --alang=en,eng --audio-channels=auto -video-sync=display-resample -video-sync-max-video-change=10

I want:

• The ReClock-like audio renderer

• Jinc scaling

• Audio channels matched to the content itself

• Auto select english language

• Debanding

• Black bars if it only has to resize the image by a few pixels

I've got most of that so far, but I don't know anything about ANGLE, and if I should be using DirectX over OpenGL on Windows.

I saw that NNEDI3 was moved to an external shader. I don't know anything about that and don't need it now, but enabling it would be nice too.

Any suggestions?

2 (edited by brucethemoose 22-07-2016 23:18:48)

Re: What MPV configs should I use now?

Also, I realize this isn't exactly the most relevant forum for configuring MPV... if so, what is?

3 (edited by dlr5668 23-07-2016 01:21:51)

mpv.conf @ %appdata%/mpv

input-ipc-server=mpvpipe
vo=opengl-hq:backend=angle:scale=ewa_lanczossharp:cscale=ewa_lanczossoft:interpolation:tscale=mitchell:tscale-clamp:temporal-dither:user-shaders="~~/shaders/adaptive-sharpen.glsl"
video-sync=display-resample
video-sync-max-video-change=10
ao=wasapi
hwdec=d3d11va-copy
slang=enUS,en,eng,ptBR,pt
alang=jp,jpn,enUS,en,eng,ptBR,pt
save-position-on-quit=yes
autosync=30
#af=volume=5.1

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code … 1Ndkw5GMCk

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for, I'll try it in a bit. I might skip adaptivesharpen though.

I just looked through user scripts, and interestly, MVTool's interpolation is in there too.

> I just looked through user scripts, and interestly, MVTool's interpolation is in there too.

yeah, it's been the only way for Mac users to do "SVP thing"...

6 (edited by brucethemoose 23-07-2016 23:42:23)

EDIT: nevermind, found the option