Topic: The SVP4 installer shouldn't force ffdshow and avisynth installs...

...if, like me, you only want the vapour synth support then it should allow me to untick ffdshow and avisynth if I have chosen the VS core.

The current workaround is to cancel the ffdshow and avisynth spin-off installs but it would be cleaner if it worked as per the above, since it wasn't clear if cancelling these installs would have some other effect on the install process - it seems not.

Thanks!

Re: The SVP4 installer shouldn't force ffdshow and avisynth installs...

the installer should create usable installation at the first place, no matter what options the user selected / unselecteed

VS core instead of ffdshow and avisynth is usable though?

yeah, but the common "abstract user" will likely uncheck "ffdshow" and then will ask support about "why my mpc-hc doesn't work"

the things are getting too complicated so now the main stable "tool chain" (which is "directshow 32-bit") is always installed, while all others are optional

see rev.81 plus updated installer interface (server-side changes only, no need to re-download setup .exe)

Post's attachments

svp4-setup-players.png, 42.49 kb, 646 x 430
svp4-setup-players.png 42.49 kb, 413 downloads since 2016-06-17 

Nice one Chainik. I think that better reflects the excellent improvements you've made to supporting other players etc.