1 (edited by ionutm80 16-05-2016 10:23:26)

Topic: NVidia 365 drivers issue with SVP x64

Hi,

I recently went upon a nasty issue with my main HTPC (Win 10 Pro x64, GTX 960 4GB, Core I5 3470s) and SVP.
It seems that after I installed NVidia graphics driver 365 (either 365.10 or 365.19) when SVP initializes on x64 chain (MPC-HC x64) it gives the infamous error that it cannot init. GPU rendering or something like that (a yellow letters row on top of the movie).
I've tried several things which pointed me to an NVidia error:
1. Deactivated GPU acceleration completely, everything woks smooth, however CPU at close to 70%.
2. Selected Intel HD 2500 as GPU acceleration (yes, I know it cannot do 1080p ...), SVP loads, no more error but stuttering like hell obviously since Intel graphics are not up to the task.
3. Run both movies tested (blu-ray rips with eac3to) on x86 chain and ... NO problem at all.
All these on a fresh and full install of SVP including license update.

So bottom line the problem is between SVP x64 and NVidia driver 365.

Any ideas what is wrong? Can you also replicate the issue?

Re: NVidia 365 drivers issue with SVP x64

Graphic driver reinstallation may help. Try to uninstall NVIDIA driver by DDU and install it again.

If it can't help then send us bug report via SVP Manager just after error with yellow letters?
SVP tray menu - Information - Send problem report...

Ok, I will try with DDU and if problem persist I will revert with a crash report.

Thanks.

Ok, I've tried DDU and ... it worked ! smile. No more errors in x64 chain.

Thanks again.

5 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 17-05-2016 19:58:34)

ionutm80 wrote:

2. Selected Intel HD 2500 as GPU acceleration (yes, I know it cannot do 1080p ...), SVP loads, no more error but stuttering like hell obviously since Intel graphics are not up to the task.

I just want to clarify that this is less an Intel issue and more a GPU architecture issue seeing how Haswell's iGPU can handle SVP perfectly fine (even lower-end models like my Pentium G3258).