Re: SVP 4 Stuttering problem while watching anime

For the anime content i have "complicated" for the real life 1080p content i have "standard" because i think that the shader complicated is more demanding than "standard" Right?

Yes, but if you're reducing settings anyway due to things feeling "too fast" then maybe using complicated would actually be better?

Either way, I can't really tell you what would be "best" because this is very much a perceptual thing - you're going to have to test things for yourself.

Get it! thank you as always!

Hi aigain mr Nintendo,i have another question:in your opionion, in order to obtain the best perfomance, do i need a software called Reclok?

180 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 15-05-2016 07:44:13)

Reclock does not change performance at all, rather it lets you play 23.976fps videos at 24.000fps or vice-versa which can eliminate the repeating of a single frame every 10 seconds or so.

For reference the alternative is to make a custom refresh rate at an exact multiple of the source frame rate, so instead of 48.000Hz you would use 47.952Hz.

On an unrelated note, it's snowing.  In the middle of May. :|

I'm normally fond of cooler temperatures, but what the crap?

What? is it snowing? Where do you live??

AndyDragneel wrote:

What? is it snowing? Where do you live??

Northeast Ohio.

For reference, it was notable that it snowed in the middle of April last year, so snowing in the middle of May is like "all of my wat".

183 (edited by AndyDragneel 15-05-2016 09:35:18)

Get it! LoL however i changed my refresh rate  to 47.952 but when i set the option in windows it shows me "48hz" is it normal?

AndyDragneel wrote:

Get it! LoL however i changed my refresh rate  to 47.952 but when i set the option in windows it shows me "48hz" is it normal?

Assuming that there wasn't a 47Hz mode listed, then that should be normal.

It's possible that it wouldn't list it as 47Hz unless you also added 48.000Hz.

No, i canceled the "48Hz mode" and set the "47.blabla mode".

186 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 08-07-2016 22:04:02)

AndyDragneel wrote:

No, i canceled the "48Hz mode" and set the "47.blabla mode".

I was just theorizing things, don't worry about it.

Oh, BTW, when you put in the 47.952Hz mode, did it actually list it as exactly 47.952Hz?  Sometimes it can't actually run at exactly that so it rounds up; the problem is that it doesn't always round to the nearest and in such cases it's better to actually manually input the nearest value.

For example, on my laptop, if I input 48.000Hz, it rounds up to 48.006Hz, but it turns out that it will keep 47.998Hz without rounding and that is closer to exactly 48 than 48.006 is.

Nintendo Maniac 64
I think AndyDragneel want to tell windows show video mode with integer value of refresh rate. It is normal. It is kind of NAME of video mode. It can be 47 HZ, 48 Hz. Windows don't show fraction part of refreshrate in the screen properties dialog. You can to know real refreshrate only in special utilities or tools. Such as SVP Events log, madVR or EVR renderer on-screen info (by Ctrl-J), ReClock properties. It can vary because of estimation methods. madVR and ReClock are precise anough for 3 sings after point. In your example for 47.952 Hz